Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was a sad day x3.I've been wanting a 29 Outlaw for quite some time now,so I sold the 24.:( I've had my eye on a couple of 29's for alittle while. So this week I called and spoke to both owners,got pics E-mailed,(they were both halfway across the country)even did a little price haggling.Now I've got this check burning a hole in my pocket and guess what.:devious: Yep' their both sold.So,it's the 4th of July and I'm on vacation for the next week and now I've got no [email protected]#king boat.The good news is ,my brother-in-law bought the boat.:D Maybe I can get him to take me for a ride.Maybe even let me drive!Hopefully I'll come up with a boat soon.Don't really like sitting on the sidelines.Although,it gives my wife longer to stock pile some gas money.:laugher: OK,enough bitchin' for now,hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday.

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
You're not alone. We spent all morning looking at new Baja's. Went there with cash dollars in my pocket and the salesman didn't seem to want to take me seriously. This was our 2nd time there. He spent most his time on the phone and on his laptop. We ended up walking out. I'm probably going down to Texas next and bring back a Checkmate or maybe a Baja.
The day wasn't a complete loss, I did buy a new 500+hp sbc from a buddy that lives near there. Been thinking of hot rodding my Stude later, so it might get used in that. Not sure if I have the heart to pull my flathead though.

Hammer, I hope you have luck finding another Outlaw. I'm starting to like them boats ! :)

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
don't know if you're interested but my so-called buyer is starting to get cold feet and I don't have a deposit so mine is back on the market...

come'on down this weekend - we'll go for a ride and eat some crabs!

- jeff

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Thats a bad way to be looking for a boat,,,, you end up buying something/anything thats "OK" dont buy one that you say I can live with,,,, wait for the one that makes you say I have to have that !!!

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
OB, I am impressed. I knew that if we worked on you long enough your intelligence would surface.

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Hammer-boatrader online has a few. Most dealers will get to invoice-as they are getting a lot of factory help with inventory. I am sure eyour forum buddies will go look for you if they are close.

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
obnoxus said:
dont buy one that you say I can live with,,,, wait for the one that makes you say I have to have that !!!
OB, I need a lot more money for "have to have that"! :D
We're trying to go new, instead of inheriting someone elses headache, so you sometimes you have to compromise. Since the summer is half gone here and I won't be in Texas till fall, I just might wait till next year. It would also give me more time to heal up if nothing else doesn't fall apart. :eek: :)
Hey, how are your injuries coming along ?

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the encouraging words guys.I'm trying to be patient but patience isn't a strong point for me.:) Jeff,I'd love to take you up on your offer,but I'd probably have too much fun and not want to leave.I'll keep you all posted on my search.:)

·
chief bottle washer
1,561 Posts
What year/engine combo are you looking for? I know of a very nice 29 that may be for sale. 1997 twin 454 MAGS - teal SST for around 60K

Attachments

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
eddie.....no offense meant,but how can you take a beautiful boat and run it on the sand:confused: ouch.....if I'm not mistaken,thats the same stuff sandpaper is made of,again please don't take offense

·
chief bottle washer
1,561 Posts
Well, being land locked......they hold up rather well. You'd never know by looking at the bottom.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not really locked in on a certain year,and yes I am aware of the stringer issues.I don't want anything less than 454 mags(385hp).I am also going to need a trailer with it. Eddie, if you have anymore pics, I would like to see them. If anyone else knows of a 29 for sale,please let me know. Thanks:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts