Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
hello all, all is well so far. Dry rotted tires and all we did 430 miles today with trailer and Bertram. We are in lexington Kentucky now. Staying over for the night in a Micro hotel. Rest and off we go tomarrow homw to Florida, love the boat so far. needs alot of work but I can do it with time. I will post good pictures when I am home. Later on Solo :laugher:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
OK, THE BAD BOY is home.
This Bertram has all the options i ever dreamed of.
I still am amazed of the Quality when built. No rotten
stringers or transom. I surveyed till my eyes bleed all weekend. Low water pickups, fresh water rinse for engines. even the Batterys are in this needle.
Lots of thumbs up while cruising down to Fl.
I made this trip with 30 year old 12 ply tires cracked beyond your amagination :eek: . They held air for 30 years, I felt it should make the trip to Fl. 1200 miles and all.
The trs drives are complete with drive shafts and safety loops for shafts. 4 aluminum tanks with manual switch to change tanks while under way. Dash has all correct gauges and levers that seems to work. Turbo boost gauges, fuel pressure gauges, and the rest of the standard gauges. Everything works and is there. Even the risers are there for the 8V91 detroit bad boys :lick: .
I think I will go with Yanmars, but let see what i find for complete power with transmission/Exhaust pumps, all that good stuff that makes this toy marineized.
Well I am home and here are some pictures of my next hole in the water. Thanks all for your time.
Solo :yak:

Attachments

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Isn't that Bertram awesome looking, so ugle it is cute.
I am fricken dancing this morning. What a race boat I got, all the best toys for that era, wich now still is the best stuff to buy for you boat. Bling bling. :bigsmile:
P/s, my ol lady on a Kart. :D

Attachments

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.