Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if any one has experence with both style hulls. i have a vee hull with about 22 degrees of dead rise not the most rider frendly in slop. thinking of upgrading to more power in the future but not sure with out excess expense if this hull can handle lots of power .just curious if cats handle more power better and take slop thanks for any sound advice .

·
Registered
122 Posts
HAH!! I get to be 1st poster!!!

Man, talk about a can of worms on this site. You’re going to hear it all. I have owned v-hulls and driven/ridden cats. You’re going to hear the saying, “once you own a cat there’s no going back”. The cats are VERY stable and handle snot real efficiently and there’s no rocking back and forth, chine walking, at all. They plane in no time at all. You can put just about any engine/horsepower your budget can handle. The Eliminators (I sell them at the Dallas boat shows) don’t have a plate stating max HP or passenger capacity like the v-hulls do. When you get them up to speed there really isn’t a limit for the maximum speed with these things form what I have seen. You definitely have to learn how to drive them but they are pretty easy to learn and very responsive to trim. Believe me, if I could own one I would have it in a second, of course it would be an Eliminator!!! :bow: :gunner: :fl4:

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I have owned a couple of both.... I like V's in rough water & for interior room comfort better.... I like Cats for speed.... but I do not like trying to insure them :mad:

·
Registered
65 Posts
You could go on forever about cats vs V's. It really is a personal opinion on what you like.
My preference is cats, because:
1) I don't need a cabin.
2) Enjoy the comfort and speed.
3) Comfort in various water conditions.

But, the insurance stinks!!!! :unhappy1:

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
boostbros said:
it would be easier to ask us whats better blondes or redheads probaly get as many different opinions too
you kiddin :confused:

Brunettes :laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
224 Posts
ok lets rephrase that..... beautiful oriental vs american cowgirl that sums up cats vs Vs .......both are fun but handling and performance are completely different

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
boostbros said:
ok lets rephrase that..... beautiful oriental vs american cowgirl that sums up cats vs Vs .......both are fun but handling and performance are completely different
:laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

bucking bronco vs. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts