Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Obviously not, There is a thread started over there and they have it set up to where users are unable to type the name of THIS board into their site..

Class move Jeff, Thank you!!! Keep up the great job!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
that's not my style.

As a matter fact I like people to post the names of other sites and forums here because I think the more you know and the more opinions you're exposed to, the better off you are when making decisions.

I think www.offshoreonly.com is a great forum and I was one of it's early members and posted a lot of messages there.

I started this place for a lot of reasons and none of them are financial. I already have a full time job and I like what I do, but I know there's room in any industry for lots of players and competition always benefits the consumer.

I couldn't imagine there only being one high performance boat builder on Planet Earth...so why shouldn't there be more than one high performance boating forum?

- jeff
your humble forum slave.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Boy does that seem immature or what? I am glad that Jeff is taking the mature approach here.:cool:

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it's actually great advertising for this site. I would think all those members over there that have never heard of this site will now check it out.

And guess what else, you can't type Jeffry boy, or whatever it is, on that site either!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Am I the only one who remembers the
"old" OSO? This was the BB where anyone could enter a message anonymously onto anyone elses thread. TON'S of slandering and name calling. Once the board was changed to where people had to actually start putting their names onto their own messages, things cleaned up a bit. But I'm sure a lot of these "old school players" are still around. Not all too surprised to hear about this. Besides, I sort of like the smaller audience this board has. Less likely to get lost in the mass of messages.

-Bayley

P.S. Hopefully my new Avatar works... sweet!

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Captain Kirk said:
I think it's actually great advertising for this site. I would think all those members over there that have never heard of this site will now check it out.

And guess what else, you can't type Jeffry boy, or whatever it is, on that site either!
I would have never found it otherwise!:D

Nice forum, BTW. I almost feel like I am cheating.

So what was the impetus of this forum, anyway? To what do we owe it's existence?

Rarely did I ever look at other boat sites on OSO when they were linked, but I figured if this one was cool enough to be BANNED, I had to see it.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
The impetus was pretty simple:

I'm spoiled and I'm used to getting my way (like all men). There were a lot of features that I did not see on other sites that I knew were not too hard to do, like weather, marine forecasts, boating news, and SPELL CHECK!, etc and I watched other sites become more and more commercialized and less about serving the needs and desires of the users. That was the impetus for creating the forum.

I do have a few advertisers and will add more in the future but I do not have investors to serve nor do I answer to partners about how I run the place. I am doing my best to allow advertising and ads be "noticed" without being overbearing or distracting and will continue to do so.

In the final analysis I am only accountable to you the members. If you don't like what you see happening here over the long run; you'll leave and what good is a forum with no members....

- jeff

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can say that the advertizing on the other board didn't bother me as long as it was kept out of the threads. I actually found it useful sometimes.

I'm actually upset that I found this place. I don't get any work done keeping up with one board. Two is gonna get me disbarred for sure. :D

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I, too, would not have known about this site if not for the ban on the "other" site. I am still curious as to what they are banning. What, they they don't like a guy with an ego? All of us should be banned then. Hell, owning one of these boats constitutes a big ego my friends. The more the merrier I say!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
YEP,this site is what boatings all about... keep up the good work Jeff...also ist good to see another Scarab guy!!:D :devious: :cool:

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
with the direct link from H2O performance, i can get all my boating news, i do like the forum's, but i also like informative info that h2o is providing as well. Yes im sort of bias, i help h2o with the stories and photos. but i do it for the love of performance boating, sbi, apba whoever, not evryone makes it to the races or poker runs so we try to bring them to you.

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gilla said:
Cream rises to the top.
FIRST POST!!

I was told recently that Cream and Crap both rise to the top. You just have to figure out what you are!:D My boss said that to me. THis looks like a really cool site!

Good luck Jeff!

I kinda feel like I'm cheating on my wife too!

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Amen!!

Amen Propnut! They can keep there $35 dollar platinum membership fees or whatever the hell they were trying to do over there.. Over here we are all platinum members and its free!
And obviously they and their name are not banned here, Immature of them to say the least! I have been a lurker over here too.. Im home.......

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Bayley said:
Am I the only one who remembers the
"old" OSO? This was the BB where anyone could enter a message anonymously onto anyone elses thread. TON'S of slandering and name calling. Once the board was changed to where people had to actually start putting their names onto their own messages, things cleaned up a bit. But I'm sure a lot of these "old school players" are still around. Not all too surprised to hear about this. Besides, I sort of like the smaller audience this board has. Less likely to get lost in the mass of messages.

-Bayley

P.S. Hopefully my new Avatar works... sweet!
I agree....you used to be able to post stuff that was fun and harmless.....now they got self righteous and get mad about stuff like.
TRAVISS' new stuffed animal:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts