Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Cecil County Dragway $10 to get in. All the car's, truck's and bikes you can shake a stick at. Not to mention girls :winker: .So for about $22 total i was entertained for 4.5 hours Alot cheaper than Al Diamonds Cabaret. But i Think the kill switch and clutch for the bike is gonna cost me a little change, I have the itch to run again. :p:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I love the drags but unless I am running I wont go,
just not the kind to sit and watch.
On trips more than once I have taken my rental to a dragstrip
and run it . Made the semis (brackets) last year at SSHS7 in a rented PT Cruiser,LOL..
Sadly I cant afford two hobbies any longer and the boat won out.
One day Ill get another strip terror.
:D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had a guy around here that had a LSC that ran about the same as your's. He ran a GER trans and was in alot of thier adds i believe. Sweet ride.he was an older gentleman and used to get a kick out of everyones reactions seeing that lead sled run high 11's

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Sounds like a bargain compared to the NitroJam taking place here this weekend. I am sure it is an event to see, but $35 +$15 for the kid...it's still a dragstrip. Travel, food, drinks, and souvenirs, I am sure I would have been $300 lghter when I got home. Some high level PRO racers that I'd love to see, but...
I am sure my 9 year would enjoy something more like street cars his first time at the drags. Plus we have FREE passes to roadcourse and MX track all season 6-7 miles from the house. He gets a kick out of the kids his age running MX then comes home and does his version in the yard.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
SINGLE SCREW 32 said:
Just got back from Cecil County Dragway $10 to get in. All the car's, truck's and bikes you can shake a stick at. Not to mention girls :winker: .So for about $22 total i was entertained for 4.5 hours Alot cheaper than Al Diamonds Cabaret. But i Think the kill switch and clutch for the bike is gonna cost me a little change, I have the itch to run again. :p:
Did you see that brand new challenger with the temp tags on it run last night? It must be a tank to only run a 14.12 at 102mph.I expected at least mid 13s.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that all it ran? I saw it in line, I left before it ran . The silver one with the older gent driving it. Right. I've seen some SRT8 300's run better than that. Looked sweet though. Were you running or just checking stuff out also ?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes the kids are a little tough. we took my nephew to the Buck and watched a diesel pick up truck shoot out and he was cool for the first couple of hours then started getting a little antsy.I'm about due for another trip back up thier also, so we will have to see if he wants to try it again .

·
Registered
207 Posts
SINGLE SCREW 32 said:
Is that all it ran? I saw it in line, I left before it ran . The silver one with the older gent driving it. Right. I've seen some SRT8 300's run better than that. Looked sweet though. Were you running or just checking stuff out also ?
I was a spectator.Checked out the specs on the new challenger.They are 4100 lbs! Car reports say they are capable of a 13.2 at 107mph and only come with 5spd auto's.It looked like he got out of the hole good without any wheel spin but thats alot of azz to get moving down the track!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
107mph is good for mid 12s with the right convertor and tires

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes John,anytime you want to hop on the scooters and head to cecil or the grove let me know. I mow on tue,wed and thurs. Have you hit a bike day up in Ephrata yet? 1st sunday of the month they have breakfast and 200 to 400 bikes on the grounds any givin time 8a.m. to noon.

·
Everyones Buddy
2,618 Posts
maybe september7th on that. I've heard alot about it. You don't want to run with me.....you'll have to go 60-65mph!!! :eek: unless we run backroads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts