Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called Grand Sport and signed up for the Chicago Fun Run from Alsip. Anyone else going?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sunday June 30.

Launch is 9:30. I went on this run last year.
Met a lot of people and had a great time!
The ride through downtown Chicago was beautiful. I think we were back in Alsip by 3:30. We may go to boaters beach this year if I can hook up with someone that knows where it's at.:D

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Thats why we didnt go,,,, they go back to early,,,, I would go if a couple people wanted to ditch them before the headed in !!!

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
boater beach??? If you are talking about the beach Hotwater,I can get you there. Spent Sunday there in what was probabily 80 degree water,while the rest of the lake is 60 degrees.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought it was called boater beach but not sure if it's the same as beach Hotwater.

I wouldn't be opposed to staying out on the lake but I do have a 2 hour drive back after
loading and cleaning the boat.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Just watch out for the racoons !!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If we were back to the launch site by 5:30, would that give us enought time at beach Hotwater? We actually would be on Lake Michigan by 1:00.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
figure1 hour from our launch to hotwater as long as you dont get hung up at the locks long

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
If you drive at the speed obnoxus is usuall going(wot)you might make it in a hour. It takes a half hour to 45 minutes from our launch to the locks.Once out of the locks,it's
7 1/2 miles to the lake. From the begining of the lake opening to hotwater is about another 20 miles.

So you do the math.You gotta understand,in obnoxus land,you need to at least double his time estimates,or drive like him,whichever is easier:D :D I say double his estimates,cause even at his usual warp speed,it's very doubtful to make it there in a hour:confused: :gunner:

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
OK,,, we can play it safe and launch at Hammnd !!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would still like to launch in Alsip and make the run through Chicago. We will arrive at Dick's between 11-11:30 for lunch and then lock out to the lake. If you don't want to do the fun run I would meet you on the lake but I would still need help getting back to the Calumet lock. After lunch everyone is basically on their own and I'm sure last year some of the boats went to beach Hotwater. As long as boaters from the fun run go there I should have no problem getting back. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
We'll take care of you either way,,, no worries !!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will plan on it then. let me know what your plans are as far as meeting time and where.
I let ecarl know to see if he wants to join.
Anyone else?;)

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Well,,,what time did GS said it starts??? we will have to meet there on there scheduale,,, maybe a little earlier to meet and talk a little !!!

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
sounds like a plan,,, wife wont be happy though !!! I have a hard time getting her out of bed by 9:30 !!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts