Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have to replace the chrome bird yet??

I lost mine on the port side.. I see them on ebay, but im not sure if they are the exact original ones or not.. Anyone know for sure???

Also, lost the 'L' right above the bird. Any luck getting just an L from Formula???

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I have my "OLD" letters in a box in my garage :rolleyes:

There is a difference in the size of letters depending on the years.

Measure yours first before getting off Ebay to be sure what you need.

If mine are the same size and you do not mind them looking old and blistered.......I could make you a deal :laugher:

I have contemplated replacing my letters and Bird but it just seems like they are too $$$$$ for what they are worth to me.

·
Registered
794 Posts
opie272 said:
I do not think it looks bad without them in my application :rolleyes:
I think it looks better on your with the all white to be honest. On another note, you can just buy a full set and replace both sides then you won't have to worry about them matching. I saw them on Ebay the other day for around $180. Let me know if you can't find them and I will post a link.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Also try Troy at glencove, to me these are must because I am proud of my "FORMULA" :bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
opie272 said:
I have my "OLD" letters in a box in my garage :rolleyes:

before getting off Ebay to be sure what you need.

If mine are the same size and you do not mind them looking old and blistered.......I could make you a deal :laugher:

Opie, what kind of shape are either of the 'L's in??
I know getting the bird wont be hard, but im betting just getting an L is going to be a biotch...

Thanks!
Ron

·
Registered
150 Posts
opie272 said:
I do not think it looks bad without them in my application :rolleyes:
Opie - did you paint the window frames on your boat? The metal finish on my 242 is not looking as nice as I'd like and I'm having a hard time getting it to look like new. I was thinking about tinting the windows a little anyway and a black frame might look good, too. Very hot to the touch...but nice. :D

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Schweitz58 said:
Opie - did you paint the window frames on your boat? The metal finish on my 242 is not looking as nice as I'd like and I'm having a hard time getting it to look like new. I was thinking about tinting the windows a little anyway and a black frame might look good, too. Very hot to the touch...but nice. :D
The window frames look black but it actually is just the rubber seal that goes around the window itself. The frame is still white aluminum.

Looking at the picture does look like the frame is blackened.

I also have considered tinting the windows but have not got it to the point of doing it.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
eyeinstine said:
Opie, what kind of shape are either of the 'L's in??
I know getting the bird wont be hard, but im betting just getting an L is going to be a biotch...

Thanks!
Ron
Getting an "L" is not going to be the problem.

The new one will be REAL shiny and the old ones will be dull from light scratches.

I will look and see if I have an "L" left over.

ZDEK got some of the letters and might have an "L" in his stack of "goodies" I gave him :D

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Had that problem once so I sold the boat cause it aggrivated me :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
eyeinstine said:
Anyone have to replace the chrome bird yet??

I lost mine on the port side.. I see them on ebay, but im not sure if they are the exact original ones or not.. Anyone know for sure???

Also, lost the 'L' right above the bird. Any luck getting just an L from Formula???

Thanks
Ron
I think i have a bird. When i bought my 272 i was missing a bird and the LA. I bought one side and i think two birds. Let me look tonight Ron i will post back and let you know

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Re: Chrome Bird and letter 'L'

Car Biz said:
I think i have a bird. When i bought my 272 i was missing a bird and the LA. I bought one side and i think two birds. Let me look tonight Ron i will post back and let you know
Cool! Let me know what ya got, condition, and price! if you got an L too, that would be da' bomb!

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
:( Sorry bro i just looked this morning all i have is FORMU no L or A. I must have put both birds on as well i can't remember I got them off Ebay from a guy named SEARAYJIM .I paid like 80 or 90 bucks but they were the right size and looked great.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
This is what I have now at the house.
ZDEK has my R and A from the missing letters of the 2nd FORMULA at his house and the L is on his boat :D

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
The problem with my letters is some look like they have water spots...But the spots will not come off. It is like the shine has "left the building"

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Chrome Bird and letter 'L'

eyeinstine said:
Cool! Let me know what ya got, condition, and price! if you got an L too, that would be da' bomb!

Thanks
Ron
Make an offer ?! $$

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Bop said:
I think it looks better on your with the all white to be honest.
Better without the Formula?
Or

With

FORMULA on the side.?

I have considered getting decals made up by a sign shop to replace the letters and BIRD.

But have not decided.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts