Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,279 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
we need a little help , we are looking for some history on an early 1972 19 foot cig. I helped my pal Kenny restore the boat, we found no hull numbers
we know that for the first year the boat was called a 19 ( probably due to the sucess of Don's 19 donzi) altho the boat is all of a 20, then it was called a 20 in 1973
we know the boat was bought from Don off the floor at the NYC boat show and has remained on our lake since.
I don't mean this to be mean spirited or coldhearted but it is hard to find people that recall events from back then. does anyone know someone who worked for Cigarette in the early days
we have a theory that this boat might be the first hull popped as it was at the NYC show which at the time would have been held in Dec of 71 or early in Jan of 72 for the 1972 model year
the boat is hard to forget as it is all black with a bright yellow waterline stripe and interior
when we took apart the front seats we found the only numbers on the boat from built-rite " CIG19" written in black marker in the foam
we would appreciate any info or leads to track down thanks guys :)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts