Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speedwake will be there. I got an invitation this morning to attend the event next weekend from Dan Cox - Owner of Midwest Performance Marine (http://www.midwestperformancemarine.com)

I've been trading emails with Dan for over a year now and though I've never met him he strikes me as a really nice guy and he always gets the coolest Sonics in the country. For instance he's a got a 2003 31SS coming in next week with 575SC's!!!

Dan has always responded to my emails quickly and professionally and worked his butt off trying to get me into a 26 Sonic last year. He wasn't bitter at all when I chose the Sunsation 288 and has always been a gentleman.

Check out his site. He's also just joined the growing list of Speedwake advertisers and we support our advertisers!

- jeff

ps: now If I can just get him to stop lurking and join; we'd have another member :)

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Jeff,
I lurk no more! Very cool site...look forward to meeting you next week and you can help break in those new motors. (FYI we will be able to post some info on the new Merc sportmaster drives as one of the boats will be equipped with them). For anyone interested the Cincy poker run is July 20th leaving from Watertown Marina. Drivers meeting is at 10am and the 10 rules will be enforced for safety. This is a charity event and is sponsored by local boat enthusiasts, dealers, marinas etc. It's a good run with some pretty exotic power. The party starts Friday the 19th at watertown. If your interested send me an email and I will forward the details or check out www.tspba.homestead.com for the local power boat website.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
YES IT IS !!!! Give me a call though when you want to break in a pair or 1050 SC'S !!!!!

575 is a wild motor though,,,, my friend is a Awsome cat dealer,,, he took me for a ride in a 38 cat with 575's,,,, wow !!!!! 104 MPH boat,,,we made it to 92 MPH

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Well....water tested a 31SS with 575's w/o the sportmasters just the XR's but I'll tell ya...wow! We got 84MPH at 4900RPM w/labbed 32's and 4/10ths of an hour on the motor. The mid range acceleration is unfreaking believable, like stomping on a Porsche twin turbo. With very light fuel and no tab at all I was actually getting a bit of chine walking in the low 80's! I have never seen a Sonic do that...we added 50 gals of fuel and a bit of down tab and it settled right down but I'll tell ya' that is a monster set-up for 31 foot boat. Had to change my shorts....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts