Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we had a floating raft/deck for over 10 years now. Used it quite often. Then added an inflatable water tramploine for a few years. Stray Rapalas took care of that last year. Now this...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New barrels, flipped the deck boards on top over to expose "like new" surface, added a battery box under a locking/hinged cover, soon to install windshield washer pump ($5 from junk taurus up the road), and a solar charger panel. Had battery and box left from ex-boat, and my new boat had dual optimas already. Can't let the old just sit there. Neighbor kids ran to give their approval seconds after slide was mounted...Hope my umbrella policy covers my A$s when they start getting brave. Already overhearing talk of skateboarding , skimboarding, and kneeboarding down it... :confused:

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Great idea with the washer pump... we cut the top off an old clorox bottle, left the handle, tied a rope to it & the top of the slide... get to the top & pull the bottle full of water up... dump the water, slide down....not as sophisticated as your set up.... but it works.... kids sure do have fun on the slide

·
You BLOT that schit!
2,692 Posts
ericfromMD said:
Where can I find barrels like that in MD? I like that setup.
All over, we have a guy right down the street here that has 3 or 4 different types of plastic barrels (hundreds of them), around $15.00 a piece.

·
You BLOT that schit!
2,692 Posts
I don't know anyone, but I would bet there are. You are just under an hour and a half away from me.

Here is the "barrel guy"s number. Ad states $5-10 ea. He also has 250 gallon plastic totes.

410-658-4351 (or) 240-786-5566

He has been advertising in the local paper here for many years.

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
I'd love to kneeboard down that. Nice job.

·
You BLOT that schit!
2,692 Posts
We had a floating dock when I was a kid, My Dad make it, looks very similar to what you have there (minus the cool slide!).

He had another band board wrapped around to conceal the barrels, and some white vinyl dock edging so you could load and unload people from boats onto it.

One time, (not at band camp). We noticed it was missing, turns out if floated all the way down to Schaffer's (about a half mile). They were using it as a painting platform for dressing up some of the pilings (back before the dock was rotting into the water that is) :rolleyes:

Anyway, they probably could have just kept it, but happily gave it back.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Will a washer pump flow enough water to make it really slide?

I would think a small bilge pump would flow enough to keep it cool and from sticking.

Very cool none the less!

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dblvanos said:
Will a washer pump flow enough water to make it really slide?

I would think a small bilge pump would flow enough to keep it cool and from sticking.

Very cool none the less!
Not sure yet. I know even large bilge pumps won't push high enough. Plenty of volume there, but no pressure. I may be the other side now...pressure, but no volume. For $5 I had to try. Next thought is an RV water pump. But I haven't been able to find anything "affordable" yet" (I mean close to free). Hopefully find out by Saturday (weather permitting) Every kid, and some parents, in the area are staged and ready for it

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
RSCHAP1 said:
Not sure yet. I know even large bilge pumps won't push high enough. Plenty of volume there, but no pressure. I may be the other side now...pressure, but no volume. For $5 I had to try. Next thought is an RV water pump. But I haven't been able to find anything "affordable" yet" (I mean close to free). Hopefully find out by Saturday (weather permitting) Every kid, and some parents, in the area are staged and ready for it
Harbor freight sells pumps that im sure will push the water high enough. I think they are like $30.00

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:laugher: :laugher:

No suggested Blown 540s?
Then I'd have to decide on an out drive...
Bravo xr or #6???????

(No King Cobras....)

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got it all together. Out into the lake, and anchored. W.W. pump works good. A little tippy when my 180 lbs is climbing up the ladder, but stays steady when the youngster heads up. He made a few dozen trips up and down it. Getting lots of attention here. Probably won't be long before the lake association drafts some sort of ordinance against such evil!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts