Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clay bar

Has anyone ever used a clay block on their boat? I read about it on a website by a company selling wax,and today I saw it at Wallmart in a little kit............

Is it worth getting??

Maybee Mitcher T ????????

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Boatnut-Let me get this right-you want to but a clay pot on your boat? Man it must be slow-if you want to put potted plants on it.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
replace a steel block, with a clay block? Are you sure B'Nut?

Just kidding I have never heard of using clay block before, how does it work?:D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
we don't use clay pots, we use plastic pots. we hav'em all over our boat with tucans and palms...

Karen and I are real Parrot Heads - NOT!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Since no one else is taking this seriously, I will risk jumping in here. If you are talking about what I think you are they are clay bars for finishing. I have used them on a car but not on the boat. Basically, they strip off contaminants like bugs, tar etc. that might be stuck to the surface so it is really clean before you start waxing. Worked really well on the car. Of course if you are referring to something else - Never mind :D

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yep laster,that's exactly what I meant.
Was it worth it to use,or just grab the buffer and go to town?(like I did yesterday) Boy thats alot of buffin:D

yea,for some reason when I edited the post,the title would not change,and I already had clay block.....oh well:confused:

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
One of my workers uses it to get scratches out of the clearcoat on his truck. He took a few out of mine just to show me how well it worked. Don't know how they would work on fiberglass.

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Bnut, I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but an old rodders trick is to use old wadded up nylons or pantyhose. They will remove just about anything without leaving a mark.
Just keep your nose out of them so you can actually get something done ! :D

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stuchamp said:
Bnut, I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but an old rodders trick is to use old wadded up nylons or pantyhose. They will remove just about anything without leaving a mark.
Just keep your nose out of them so you can actually get something done ! :D

You mean you have to take the women out of them before you use them....
stu,just trying different things to bring back the luster to an old boat. We talked about this with Mitcher T,and some guys had some good ideas. FA!*Driver told me about some great wax by a company called Zaino Bros.,and they use a clay bar. But they are not answering my E-mails.Buffed out most of the boat yesterday,and used a wax called The Wet Look.(you know how I like things wet)Well anyway,looks good. Will see how long it holds up

·
chief bottle washer
1,561 Posts
I've used them on windshields before, but never fiberglass. VW sends one by request, I'm not sure where that thing went now that you mention it.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts