Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Platinum Member
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from BoatUS - Might be old news for some, but I hadn't seen it...

Dear BoatU.S. Member,

Thanks to some great teamwork, the threat of a new EPA discharge permit for all your boats is gone!

On Tuesday night, President Bush signed into law "The Clean Boating Act of 2008," which gives recreational boats a permanent exemption for the court imposed EPA discharge permit.

I thank each of you for helping create this victory for boating. Every time we asked for your help, you were there to push the legislation further down the path towards successful passage. You contacted your Members of Congress and helped them understand the importance of boating in your life. And Congress heard the loud voices of tens of thousands of boaters! Nice work!

Enjoy the rest of the summer on the water!

Margaret Podlich
Vice President of Government Affairs
BoatU.S.
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
cfm said:
Proof that it (making your voice heard) can work. I'm psyched.
Didn't work against NH speed limit :mad: So unpsych yourself.

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Only shows that there is a shred of reason in govt.

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
So, I can now safely pump my holding tank into the bay without fear? :laugher:

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Mopower said:
Didn't work against NH speed limit :mad: So unpsych yourself.
Exactly why this thread lifted my spirits a little. For the past handful of years it has seemed everytime I was for or against something, I'd be on the losing side.

Sorry for cracking a smile. :unhappy1:

=============================

Seeing gov't work firsthand I agree with Big Macz that each officials personal life's needs/wants/hobbies will dictate how they vote on certain issues.

BIG MACZ wrote: My guess is most of them have boats and saw if would effect them, otherwise they would not give a rats azz.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts