Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
441 - 460 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Rattlesnake Jake said:
Rampage is a Bullett owned by Zero Tolerance. It's going to have new power next year. We pulled the engines at my house about a month ago..
What's the length and weight???

What year was Rampage built?

How big is the cabin??

What speed with stock 502??
Looking at one as a project.

Needs paint and interior. Haven't seen the boat in person at this time..

·
BANNED
13,676 Posts
Rampage was built in 1988, it's 31 w/o the platform, and it's a heavy wave crusher. Has a good size cabin.
As far as speed goes, i think a pair of 500s will bring mid 70s, maybe more. The old Cigs done right hold thier value.. I took my wife out in it last year and she was impressed with the ride.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Rattlesnake Jake said:
Rampage was built in 1988, it's 31 w/o the platform, and it's a heavy wave crusher. Has a good size cabin.
As far as speed goes, i think a pair of 500s will bring mid 70s, maybe more. The old Cigs done right hold thier value.. I took my wife out in it last year and she was impressed with the ride.
Thanks Jake for the info.

Rampage is s great looking boat.. I thought it would be longer than 31'

·
Registered
120 Posts
Engreps wanted some of the specs for the Cigarette Bullets. Well, first they are well built and heavy. They need a fair amount of power to get decent speeds. But they are absolute wave crushers. I would pit mine against any boat 38' or shorter.

They have a nice cabin layout with an enclosed head with a sink. Icebox and sink in main cabin.

Length=31'
Beam=8'-6"
Fuel=180 gal
Weight about 8000lb
Total of 68 built between 1988 and about 1995

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Thanks for the specs.

I will be checking out a project that is for sale. Needs paint and up dating. Will be checking it out this week in Florida.

Depends on price. I guess all projects depends on price.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There is a thread going about a Bullet for sale in the LOTO area. Here is a link to the boat ad:

http://www.raymondsboats.com/8268.htm

It does need some cockpit upholstery work, and I've heard that it may need some carpentry work as well for the rear seat base before being covered, but the boat seems fairly decent.

It's also, IMO, under powered. But, if you offer about 10K less than the asking price of 38,900, spend 2-4K to redo the cockpit, you've got a decent looking boat.

You can get the engines rebuilt to like 496's for probably 6-7K a side that will get you 520+ hp if done right, and if that's not enough, rebuild them to 496's with blowers. Blowers will be 80+ mph. Non Blown 496's should be mid 70's.

I have blown 454's and see low 70's. I should be into the mid to upper 70's after playing with some props.

You would then have a strong running boat that's different from everything else on the water, with a proud number one on the side, and only spend around 50K.

There are also some Cafe Racers out there for 50-70K in good shape. Get a good survey before buying.

·
BANNED
13,676 Posts
HydraShock said:
[B

I have blown 454's and see low 70's. I should be into the mid to upper 70's after playing with some props. [/B]
If they're 525SCs, and with the right props, i would think you would be in the mid 70s easy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
No. The engines were 454 Mags. Previous owner rebuilt engines with B&M 250's and single Holleys. I run about 6 lbs of boost, but the engines have never been dynoed. Mechanics have told me I should be in the 540-570HP range.

My drives and 27P Mirages are not in the best of shape. I hope to pick up 3-4 mph after cones and props.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I looked at the boat project in Florida.

Owner said it was a Bullet. It was not a Cigarette Bullet.

Not sure what it was but it was junk and not worth working on.

Price was good but needed a transom, stringers and floor. Way to much work for a no name boat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Unless you can do the work yourself, if it needs transom, stringers and floor, the boat should be almost free! A friend paid almost 5 grand just to have the transom redone on his Cigarette Mistress.

I'd stay away from it!

·
Registered
120 Posts
It seems whenever there's a poker run, I get too excited and hardly get any pics. This year, I'm going to try and focus on PICS!!

Can't wait for warm weather!

Attachments

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Rattlesnake Jake said:
Rampage is a Bullett owned by Zero Tolerance. It's going to have new power next year. We pulled the engines at my house about a month ago..

Come on Jake, at least put that poor girl on the trailer correctly!!!! ;)

441 - 460 of 485 Posts