Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve never known what the proper dollar amount to tip certain customer service individuals. I know wait staff in a restraunt should get 15-20% for good service.
But - how much should you tip the valet guy ? The baggage guy at the airport ? Taxi driver ? The guy who drives the shuttle van from hotel to airport ? I just don`t know ....

·
Registered
794 Posts
I gave the guy at the Orlando airport $10 for carrying our bags from the shuttle to the counter (a whole 30 feet) and he looked at me like I just gave him a nickel. I almost told him to give it back to me. Not sure if there is a correct amount for that kind of stuff. I usually give a valet $5 and never had one complain but who knows.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
tipping

I have a hard fast rule about it...

It's whateve I think they deserve, not what THEY think they deserve.

Ask anyone who knows me, I'm a good tipper - but, provide bad service and you can kiss my a**.

Must be the Texan in me. :moon:

- TC

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I'm sick of all the people who think they deserve tips now a days. You go into the coffee shop and there is a tip jar, the same at the sub shop, etc.. etc...

No better than the beggars on the street IMO.

I can hail my own taxi, thank you... fak em.

I'm also not a big fan of tipping cabbies, they drive you from point a to point b... Most can't even speak Engrish.

But I do tip the Waitress, The barber, and I give a nice bottle of wine to the garbage guy, he's never left a body on the curb.

·
Innocent Bystander
1,498 Posts
The way I look at it, it's called a gratuity for a reason. I probably tip too much for good service, but you ain't promised anything just for showing up.

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duke69 said:
I give a nice bottle of wine to the garbage guy, he's never left a body on the curb.
Maybe that`s it --- I need to tip the garbage guy and he`ll stop leaving the bodies. :winker:

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
See Donnie you learn something new everyday huh? :clown: :clown:

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Yep ain't it great :star: :star: :star:

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
eyeinstine said: