Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how come I can never get the chat room to work???

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope IE 5.5 or 6. Dont remember which:D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Red Stripe...

Unmoderated Chat Rooms are notorius places for catching viruses (the computer kind). Therefore browsers have a proclivity to attempt to keep you out of chat rooms. Our chat room is moderated. As you know I'm in the computer biz and my chat room is set up to let me know immediately if there is anyone in the chat room that is using chat priviliges to "ping" other peoples computers for open ports (all technicall stuff), but it's like turning the door knob on a house to see if the door is unlocked. If my chat room software detects any suspicious activity their connection is terminated to the chat room. So you don't have to worry about using my chat room.

ps: If you're using ICQ I recommened you get rid of it in favor of something like Instant Messenger. ICQ leaves your computer highly vulnerable to attack. It's well documented and the stories are scary. To the right hacker, your computer becomes a tool for them to attack other sites and cable modems combined with ICQ give them all they need. PS: If you have a cable modem you should definately get some firewall software like Zonealarm (www.zonealarm.com) there's a free version and it could save your computer from major league hacking.

---------------------------------------------------
Here's what you should check.

On your browser click "Tools" at the top of the screen.
Then click "Internet Options" from the menu that appears.
The click on the "Security" tab at the top of the menu that appears.
Click the "Custom Level" Button.
The choose "Medium" from the box of choices at the bottom of the menu box.

let me know if that helps.

- jeff

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Jeff, I know you say un moderated chats are known for virusus,and that yours is moderated. Here's my question, do you still have to worry about a virus just from logging on to the internet, even though are in a chat room?

By the way, it worked fine for me and I had a great time. Talking to everyone not thru posts was kick ass. And the sounds are a nice touch.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Yep,, was a good tim last night,,, and boy,,,, now I get to listen to boatnut burp on line as well as in person,,, lucky me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JEFFJ said:
Red Stripe...

Unmoderated Chat Rooms are notorius places for catching viruses (the computer kind). Therefore browsers have a proclivity to attempt to keep you out of chat rooms. Our chat room is moderated. As you know I'm in the computer biz and my chat room is set up to let me know immediately if there is anyone in the chat room that is using chat priviliges to "ping" other peoples computers for open ports (all technicall stuff), but it's like turning the door knob on a house to see if the door is unlocked. If my chat room software detects any suspicious activity their connection is terminated to the chat room. So you don't have to worry about using my chat room.

ps: If you're using ICQ I recommened you get rid of it in favor of something like Instant Messenger. ICQ leaves your computer highly vulnerable to attack. It's well documented and the stories are scary. To the right hacker, your computer becomes a tool for them to attack other sites and cable modems combined with ICQ give them all they need. PS: If you have a cable modem you should definately get some firewall software like Zonealarm (www.zonealarm.com) there's a free version and it could save your computer from major league hacking.

---------------------------------------------------
Here's what you should check.

On your browser click "Tools" at the top of the screen.
Then click "Internet Options" from the menu that appears.
The click on the "Security" tab at the top of the menu that appears.
Click the "Custom Level" Button.
The choose "Medium" from the box of choices at the bottom of the menu box.

let me know if that helps.

- jeff
ahh, what the heck does this have to do with the chat room not working? :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
camon,,,tell us the truth,,, you were posting while we were all in the chatroom !!!

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when were you in the chat room?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts