Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dave I hope you can help Jeff in finding him a new boat soon or greeneyedbeacher is not going to be a happy camper!:D :D
If she does not make it to Rock Hall for Crabs, she will start taking it out on the members of Speedwake!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Karen and I talked about this last night. There's a little motel right next to the marina that we can go to on weekends so that we can feel at home. If you stay at the motel you can use the swimming pool at the marina. That way we can still get steamed crabs, eat at our favorite restaurant and swim in our favorite pool and I don't have to make a boat payment, insurance payment or pay fo gas. It wil help me save a few extra bucks for those HP500 EFI's....

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
DucHunter,

We are very excited that Karen & Jeff will be visiting us here in a few short weeks. I can't promise anything other than I'll show them what, how and why Sunsations are built the way there built and then how they run. It's a very informative tour and gives one an excellent knowledge base so they understand what makes a boat....a boat, especially a Sunsation. So, if I do my job, Karen will end up with crabs and Jeff.........he'll be a happy camper all the way around. :cool:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Jeff, exactly my thoughts, save the money and get the 500's. I wish I could. I am a firm beleiver in get what you want, when you don't you just regret it later. Can never have to much engine though.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Jim,

I want those engines BAD!!!!!!

They are just so cool looking they can't be ignored. I actually like their look better than the 525SC's. They come with a 1 year warranty and I'll purchase an extended warranty if I get the boat. I have an extended warranty now on the 288 and it was an important factor for the buyer.

- jeff

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
NO boat payments,,, Thats why we still have the 272,,, hard to jump back into a note when yours is paid for and nothings wrong with it !!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
YEAH, those big blue bad boys are sweet. I have the extended warranty on mine too. Good insurance, even if you never need it. Twins too, that thing should rock. I bet you can cruise at about 50 easily.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
well, the existing sunsation with 500 EFI's will go 86 to 87 mph and this hull should be worth another 3 to 4 mph...

assuming the following: 5,200 rpm = 90 mph
4,600 = 80
4,200 = 70
3,800 = 60

50 easily.

I run the 288 at 3,300 to 3,700 rpm most of the time. you'd probably get decent mileage running at 3,500 to 3,600 rpm in the 32 so, 50 to 55 mph crusing speed would be great.

- jeff

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave I would have a big pot of crab cooking when Jeff and GEB come to your shop, then they can give the cabin a work out after eating crabs! Might help with the sale.
My .02 worth:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Dave,

How about a Speedwake Forum Rally Tour of the Plant. We could all meet up and help Jeff spec out his boat.

What about the ITS 7 inch setback-eaiser to install-any performance or price break over aftermarket boxes and steering?

Any 288 out with a 500?

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Gilla,

We're always open for tours, a speedwake.com group would be "Sunsational" and I would welcome the tour. We've done lots of 288's with HP500's, but only one this year with the ITS system and it's a great setup. We've done 2 ITS systems on single 32's with HP500's this year and they work very very good. There is no price break over tradional hydraulic steering, the cost is more for the ITS but I believe it is worth it. A very clean and sweet setup. Let me know if you would like a tour or putting a group together, this time of year I would need as much notice as possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts