Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats every ones plans for the July 4th weekend? Fireworks are at Penns Landing July 5th. We usually get a slip at Philadelphia Marine Center (Dave & Busters)for the weekend. Is anyone else interested?

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I'm planning on heading down to Farragut Y.C. on the beautiful Camden side on the river. best place to watch the fireworks. they have an all day picnic and have dock space for the night for DRYL members.

I may hit the cove before I head down.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MarkyMark said:
I'm planning on heading down to Farragut Y.C. on the beautiful Camden side on the river. best place to watch the fireworks. they have an all day picnic and have dock space for the night for DRYL members.

I may hit the cove before I head down.
I heard about that before. I'll run down with you. Do they allow you to plug in for electric and will you be spending the night?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Danielleroxy said:
I think Ron is planning the 2nd Delaware raft up for that weekend, but since he hasnt posted anything yet, I am not sure what the plan is.
Since i didnt really follow up on that date yet, and it is getting close, i may scratch the planned raftup and maybe work it another date..

We should be kidless that weekend! So theres a good chance we could run down and stay the night since we are a DRYL member. :)

Probably spend teh day in the cove, and then run down..

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eyeinstine said:
Since i didnt really follow up on that date yet, and it is getting close, i may scratch the planned raftup and maybe work it another date..

We should be kidless that weekend! So theres a good chance we could run down and stay the night since we are a DRYL member. :)

Probably spend teh day in the cove, and then run down..
Sounds like a party to me. We'll have the kids. Is this a rug rat friendly environment? :D

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Hot'n'Bothered said:
Sounds like a party to me. We'll have the kids. Is this a rug rat friendly environment? :D
Ahhhh.. not if im there!! :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

J/K... the cove always is..

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
eyeinstine said:
Ahhhh.. not if im there!! :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

J/K... the cove always is..
I haven't seen you pull anyones pants down lately. :shocked: Is there something we should all know? :confused1

:laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Hot'n'Bothered said:
I heard about that before. I'll run down with you. Do they allow you to plug in for electric and will you be spending the night?
Usually alot of people go down for this (mostly cruisers) and they end up rafting people off of each other. the electric depends on how many cruisers are taking up the electric already. usually there are no open spaces for electric.

I doubt i'll spend the night. Usually we bring some people down with us.....and we may have the baby with us too. we usually hang out about an hour after the fireworks, then head home after the mess of boats on the river clears up.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, so bring a generator. got it. We usually stay and get up early to go somewhere for breakfast. Sounds like a plan. Thanks Mark.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'll be out on Friday. Not sure where yet. If people are going to be at Tullytown, will probably head down there for a little bit. Might have a picnic or something later that afternoon into the night back at the house. We'll see. Hopefully the weather will be better then this coming weekends. I'm taking my 292 down the shore to Barnegat Bay for her first Bay run. It's also my birthday weekend.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:bd1: Enjoy your run, just watch those shoals down there. We might have my sister's b-day party that friday so thats still in the air. But I'd rather be on the boat for sure.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Hot'n'Bothered said:
Alright, so bring a generator. got it. We usually stay and get up early to go somewhere for breakfast. Sounds like a plan. Thanks Mark.
Do you have a current membership somewhere in the DRYL ? they only invite members. I can probably sign you up as a new member when we get there ($30). I do need to tell them how many boats are coming down with me. they get pissed when people show un-announced.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MarkyMark said:
Do you have a current membership somewhere in the DRYL ? they only invite members. I can probably sign you up as a new member when we get there ($30). I do need to tell them how many boats are coming down with me. they get pissed when people show un-announced.
Yeah, I belong to Quaker City Yacht Club a fellow member of DRYL and I have a number which I tried to call already but no one was there. I kinda know the drill. I will be more than happy to let you be the ambassador and work out the details with Farragut so there less confusion. I plan on staying though.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Hot'n'Bothered said:
Yeah, I belong to Quaker City Yacht Club a fellow member of DRYL and I have a number which I tried to call already but no one was there. I kinda know the drill. I will be more than happy to let you be the ambassador and work out the details with Farragut so there less confusion. I plan on staying though.
I didn't know you were a QC member. cool. I'm gonna let them know tommorow who is all comming down. I'll include your boat with us. now I feel like a real ambassador....thanks :p:

you gonna do the dryl poker run July 26th ?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MarkyMark said:
I
you gonna do the dryl poker run July 26th ?
I doubt it. There is a good chance things will get busy around that time for me. I've heard about it in the past but am never able to attend because of the time of year. Thanks for making the call Ambassador Mark. :D

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Hot'n'Bothered said:
I will be more than happy to let you be the ambassador and work out the details with Farragut so there less confusion. I plan on staying though.
I dunno...
Promoting the Jester to the Ambassador position???

:D :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
MarkyMark said:
We are not sure what were doing. I'm sure we will be out boating just not sure when or where.

Hey Marky how can i become a member of DRYL? I'd like joint so I can play in these fun events.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts