Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, my depth sounder came unglues from my hull last week, its under the engine on the inside, today i tried putting it back together, figured instead of sanding the old crap off I'd place it right next to the old spot, actually half in the same spot I'll have tp post what I used tommorow but anywayz as I figured no job is easy for me its not accurate any ideas maybe the adhesive I used? I was told it didnt matter what you use as long as there are no air pockets, anywayz it reads 6.5-7 ft where I'm in 4ft at the launch which is what it used to say
any ideas???

·
Registered
196 Posts
Is there a "gain" adjustment on the back of the gage? Change in density of the attachment stuff may require a gain adjustment. You maybe reading a harmonic of the depth. It's reading the second sound reflection not the first.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Mine came unglued too.

I used epoxy, and reglued it. Works like a champ. Mine is actually up next to the one of the stringers. Maybe 8", so I just always subtract a foot from what it reads, and call it close enough.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
If it is a Lowrance...you can contact them and get a packet of epoxy and reinstall it with the "factory" install material.

Works real well with very few bubbles.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna check and see if there is a adjustment someone mentioned that today

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
The system I just installed on my SS specified to use a SLOW dry epoxy as it does effect the density and signal. The instructions stressed the importance of not using a fast dry like 5 min epoxy.

I don't know if that is limited to this product or not but that is what I learned mounting mine.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmmmm

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I used a 5 min epoxy on mine. No problems so far.
i have chekced via a buddy's and they were both very close, so I think its working ok.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if its adjustable I can't figure it out, gonna start over again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts