Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of you guys have them after viewing many of your posts and see that you all have some great pictures. I’ve been looking at some of them and the salesman start asking me what type of picture’s are you going to take and from what distance. So I thought that being I’m going to us it mostly for boating picture’s over the summer months and regular everyday picture, that I would ask all you guy’s that already have digital camera what are you using and or recommendations etc. (Brand, Model, Mega pixel, Optical zoom, Digital Zoom).
Any and all reply’s appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
I have a Fuji pinepix 1400 zoom. It's a nice middle of the road camera. Does everything I would want without costing so much I am affraid to bring it anywhere !!!!

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Hi Brian I have a Sony forget the model but it is not too exspensive and I don't really care if it gets killed:D Uses floppys instead of a memory card so if ya have a few boxes of em you can take hundreds of pictures. Like I said it is a throw down kinda deal but it works pretty good......................Good luck

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I have a Kodak...it's not too fancy but it's one of the few that take wide angle.......I sell realestate when not at the fire house and it makes rooms look bigger. My point is the salesman is right, know what your gonna shoot...ie.....If your shootin hotties from across the cove, get something that zooms good.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
The Sony Mavica's are nice. They made them in all price ranges starting about 300 bucks. They use memory sticks & floppies or CD's depending on the model. Nice cameras!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guy’s, looking at Nikon 885 and I borrowed a Nikon 775 for a couple of days I took the boat out to get the trailer inspected and tried posting a picture on show your Baja’s. I had some real problems downloading the picture, I had to downsize to 50000 bites and the program was showing kb. Anyhow when I finally got it to take the picture was out of focus. Guess I need some more practice or some serious help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts