Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Direct Tv recently dropped the Outdoor Channel from my package. I TIVO about 4 shows off that channel and really enjoy it. I called and complained and they offered to return it to my package for an additional $3 a month. That is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. I asked the rep if he bought a Ford Focus in 2006 that came with a stereo but now in 2008 they dropped the stereo from the list of standard equipment, how would he feel if the dealer came and took his stereo and then offered to sell it back to him. That was followed by prolonged silence.
So far they are refusing so I may jump ship. I just fired off another email to them.

·
Registered
266 Posts
As usual price goes up quantity and quality go down. Seems to be the ongoing trend these days.

I can remember having way more channels inc pay like HBO, Starz etc and paying at least half what we pay now.

Seems like the older we get the more BS we have to tolerate because trying to change anything anymore is just about impossible. F*cking BS if you ask me. :devious:

·
BANNED
13,676 Posts
When Time Warner bought out Adelphia, they dropped speed channel & the outdoors from my "PLATINUM" package. Called them & the guy said they weren't included in thier package that I pay for, and wanted an extra $6. I asked if by chance he had the 800 # for the Direct TV or the Dish Network. He relented and gave me both.. :D

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I told them I was leaving and going to Comcast and they said they were very sorry but could not do anything about it. If I wanted the channel it was another $3 a month. I spoke with three different people and one supervisor. Crazy :confused:
The problem is my wife has to have RFDTV for her horse programs so I have to find out who else has it.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Dish did that a while back. When I called outdoor channel to find out why they started charging a fee they said that the Outdoor channel was still FREE. I said screw them all.

·
Speak English Or Die!
1,622 Posts
I still get the channel but maybe it's because I have the sports package? I have to have my sports package, lol. Also watch Ship Shape TV, Amercian Powerboat Television, Powerboating in Paradise TV and Pleasure Boater. I couldn't survive a week without that stuff.

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Apathetic said:
Ship Shape TV, Amercian Powerboat Television, Powerboating in Paradise TV and Pleasure Boater.
What cable / satellite provider offers all of those programs ? What network are they on ?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Before you go and jump ship on them, call them up and ask how much you have left on your contract......they negleted to tell me when you get a replacement reciever (which was under warrantee i thought) that its an automatic 2yr renewal!!! :eek: :mad: needless to say they hit me up for $175 early termination fee's! :angry1: No amount of argueing would do any good! I even wrote tot he attourney generals office and the BBB...no help from anyone. Best part of my day yelling at someone was when i was on with a "manager" who i bet the guy just handed the call off to the guy sitting next to him was when they tell me the customer should be informed! UH NO CHIT! Now tell me where i can find this information....cause its not ANYWHERE in the user agreement....nor is it listed on their website anywhere....nor did ANYONE tell me anything when i was on the phone with them changing the box out!!! Silence........ :)

·
Speak English Or Die!
1,622 Posts
DonMan said:
What cable / satellite provider offers all of those programs ? What network are they on ?
Hi Don. They are on the Comcast channels on DirecTV.

For instance:

today at 1230 on 624 is American Powerboat Television
today at 1330 on 603 is Pleasure Boater
today at 1400 on 640 is Ship Shape TV
today at 1430 on 624 is Ship Shape TV
today at 1830 on 656 is Ship Shape TV
today at 1900 on 632 is Pleasure Boater
today at 1930 on 632 is Powerboating in Paradise TV (Yeah Baby)

and so on...

I get it all with the "sports package."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts