SpeedWake.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1988 Wellcraft concept about 10 years ago and can not find out much about it. Over the years I have changed about everything on it. I was just posting this to see if anyone had one, or knew someone who had. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
23concept

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
I have the brochure at home.............

I did post on here somewhere :confused1

I will post when I get home for you!

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
by the way those were cool boats..............10 years ahead of thier time!

do you have any pics?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help on this. I will have to get some taken and post for you. I sent it to Kustom Kolors in Marion , Ohio for a wild paint job 2 years ago, put all new Gaffrig gauges and controls in the boat, put an updated 2004 Bravo 1 drive & lower unit in it, had the cockpit interior redone to match the paint job/ graphics, and put a 540 Merlin w/ a holley 950 commander multiport fuel injection. It came in at just under 600hp on the dyno, and 640 ft/lbs of torque. Unfortunately I have had no fun for about the last 5 years on the boat. I was always doing something to it because something was broken or not working well. I actually just got it back 1 week ago from putting Hydraulic Lathem steering on it so I have not taken it out this year as of yet and being from Ohio its not looking all that great for this season. I have to run my thru-hull exhaust and some dress up work in the engine compartment and I should be able to finally enjoy it. I was just wondering what the Wellcraft concept was all about. I called Wellcraft and they claim they could not tell me how many of these were actually ever made. I have only seen a few over the years. My engine builder is a little worried by the haul design that it will go faster than I will ever be able to control it. Something about the haul coming to a flat pad in the rear by the outdrive instead of being a V. Any comments on that? I am looking forward to your replies, and your help is greatly appreciated.
23concept(Rod)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts