Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my oil pressure on the new motor would fluctuate and drop from 40 psi at 4K to about 30 psi at above 4500, i switched to 40W and no difference.

I installed this T and ran a mech gauge into the engine compartment as a test, the mech gauge is reading 50psi at idle vs 40-42 on the electric guage, hopefully that 10psi increase carries all the way up to 5K. The gauage I bought was a $16 Napa gauge with a plastic hose, does this look OK? I used thread sealant in all the connections and zip tied the plastic hose away from exhaust, I dont want this thing to spring a leak. I will buy a marine setup if the OP readings are where they should be with the mech.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Good idea.
Poor execution on the mount though.
You can do better. . . .

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right but this was temporary, I plan on getting a better gauge and only running one gauge. you mean the T that I used or the red stuff dripping down? It is hard to find a T with the extension needed to get the sending unit away from the block. OK, I only went to one auto parts store, maybe I should have looked around more

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
SO what, are you running about 90mph now? ....

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It looks good and will do what you want. I hope you get the reading you want. With dropping OP I would be concerned with areation and/or sucking the pan dry. This will wipe out the bearing quickly. You might try cutting open the oil filter before running it again just to make sure you are not starting to remove bearing material.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Rock Steady said:
SO what, are you running about 90mph now? ....
Who you referring to?

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
I already know you do Bill... I was poking fun at Not Right with his new motor....

·
Registered
994 Posts
Not Right said:
I rigged this up so I can crack the hatch when running and take a look.

Great minds think a like :D

I did this to the Wellcraft Nova when gas was getting into the 454 crankcase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts