Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to pick up a 2000 Donzi 28ZX Scorpion for the note payoff which is 60K.
The boat has 150 hours on it, the condition is excellent. My question is; how long are these motors good for before they start needing to be rebuilt?
I would be coming from a Stingray 230sx, so this is a big step up for us..

Thank you~!

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Primopup said:
I have the chance to pick up a 2000 Donzi 28ZX Scorpion for the note payoff which is 60K.
The boat has 150 hours on it, the condition is excellent. My question is; how long are these motors good for before they start needing to be rebuilt?
I would be coming from a Stingray 230sx, so this is a big step up for us..

Thank you~!
I have no first hand experience with them but I do know they are GREAT motors. You can never predict the life of a motor but they SHOULD last a long time if maintained properly.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I think 60K is extremely overpriced, I would look around. I have a 2000 28' Powerquest that I would sell for 40K, no way a Donzi is worth 20K more than mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Not Right said:
I think 60K is extremely overpriced, I would look around. I have a 2000 28' Powerquest that I would sell for 40K, no way a Donzi is worth 20K more than mine.
NR the boat has twin Scorps which were a REALLY expensive option.

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Buy it !!! You can always dump more money in it later... thats what we DO !!!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Nice choice,those scorpion engines were hand assembled with the good stuff.That's why the money.A dealer in my area has a 2000 28 zxo with twin 350 mags no trailer for the same money.You'll enjoy the better ride and pick up more mph.I think that boat is rated in the high 70 or low 80 mph.Good luck.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Not Right said:
didnt they stop selling those? Why?

just a shamless plug to casually sell my boat ;)
Hey I don't blame you! :D

I THINK they stopped making them because they were a very expensive option. As cookin stated they were all hand assembled with very good parts.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Not Right said:

Where is your ad?

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
dont want to completely jump on this guys thread, no ad yet, I change my mind everyday whether to sell the boat or keep it, I really want a center console with outboards, makes more sense for the area I boat.

tried, PM'ing you, but feel free to email me if interested, [email protected]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NR, your boat caught my eye as well... Any more details on the boat?
BTW this gentleman says the boat will GPS +/- 85MPH~! Thanks for all the input, NR i would like to see more pics of your boat!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sent you an email btw..... My brother had just sold his 28 Checkmate for a center console, funny you wish to do the same...

Not Right said:
dont want to completely jump on this guys thread, no ad yet, I change my mind everyday whether to sell the boat or keep it, I really want a center console with outboards, makes more sense for the area I boat.

tried, PM'ing you, but feel free to email me if interested, [email protected]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
he said that he had custom headers built for the boat, gave each engine another 40MPH.
My thing is this, my Stingray 230SX does a consistent 73GPS with a Volvo 8.1 420HP.
I have only had it for 3 months, but bought it new at a great price 42K. It is a very nice boat, i just want more in cabin room, without giving up speed..

Run_em_Hard said:
Your not going to see 85 mph if it all stock. Figure 76-80 mph is where you'll be.

BTW, those are beautiful boats.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
If you decide not to buy the Donzi tell me where it's at.That boat won't go 85 unless there is more mods than he is saying.There is a nice Sunsation on here for sale @52k

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
definitely a nice Donzi, probably a little better ride than my PQ because it's a lot heavier boat. I believe those motors require 93 dont they? cough up another 50 cents a gallon. :dead1:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Yes they require 93 but still cheaper than 2 big blocks.The same boat with twin 350's will only go around 65.I have eating a few up.Love the boat though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well not 50Cents more, plus that's all i use in my vehicles anyway.
Gas 87oct 3.94, 89oct 3.99, 91oct 4.11 93oct 4.21..
Man i wish i was single still, this decision would be a no brainer..

Not Right said:
definitely a nice Donzi, probably a little better ride than my PQ because it's a lot heavier boat. I believe those motors require 93 dont they? cough up another 50 cents a gallon. :dead1:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Yes, I think the Sunny for sale in the classifieds is a steal, less weight, more room in the cuddy, and only one engina to deal with for less....

my $0.02

1 - 20 of 77 Posts