Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a question about drives. I'm about 3/4 of the way through buying my first Scarab. My question is how do I know that the drives are any good? Its a "98" with Bravo One drives. When I went and looked at the boat the seller hooked up hoses to the drives to provide water started the engines and spun the props on the trailer. Was he suppose to spin the props out of the water and how would I know if the drives need to be replaced? I've already gotten an oil sample kit from Blackstone labs to do oil analysis on both engines and both drives. Both props spun freely with no abnormal noises, that I noticed. Any input is as always greatly appreciated. And as I said before I'm gonna have a lot of questions for you all simular to this one. Thanks again.

· Registered
962 Posts
Before throwing your money down demand to take her on a sea trial. Any issues should readily be exposed. The oil analysis will be important, too.

If you are spending some serious coin on this Scarab, you should really look into getting a professional survey done on the boat.

Hope this helps!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.