Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped #7 exhaust valve not sure why yet. Pulled the valve covers and all the rockers have been rubbing on the inside of the valve covers. Only pulled the plugs so far. #7 piston toast......#5 piston slapped the gap closed on the plug.......as well as # 2, 6, and 8.

Attachments

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Good Grief.... we are wishing you a speedy recovery !!!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
DUDE! That sucks big time.. i followed your threads with the ordeals you went through before, so this just has to put you over the edge..

This last builder is suposed to be respected, and if theres issues on the build at his end, then hopefully it will get taken care of for you..

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If those pistons were blower pistons their is NO way that they hit the plugs.
I say that you melted some pistons.
Also IF they were blower pistons then they should be dished so I would find it hard to beleave that the piston hit the valve.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I can't believe that you are having these problems.

WHY would the rockers hit the underside of the valve covers?
I am running the Crane 741 cam with roller rockers and I am still running the stock covers.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the plot thickens.......got the exhaust off and the #7 ex. valve is still intact but bent. Got the block, intake, inter cooler drained and ready to come off so I can pull the heads tomorrow after work. Want to keep going as curiosity is building but 0430 is to early of a start at work to stay up all night working on this. So until tomorrow. Will post pics also as we go along in this investigation starting tomorrow.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Broken piston? Piston chunks will bounce around different cylinders during overlap period banging the sparkplugs. Broken valves will do this too. Good luck, I hope the damage isn't too expensive. :a6:

·
Registered
833 Posts
spring bind.... :confused:

I'm right in the middle of putting my valvetrain package together, so I've been reading everything.

Shaft-mounted rockers are the way to go these days for high rpm, high lift... plus they are about .100-.200 lower than studded rockers, so clearance issues are no longer a big worry item.

I'm dying to see pics of the rest of this....

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a little further tonight. Here is the start......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rockers rubbing????

Attachments