Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Doug (Boatally Insane) came over yesterday and helped me (read=he did all the work as evidenced by the pictures)
to pull my dead 454 out. We used his chainhoist on a tree he had used before
for his Checkmate. Considering I have the arch and a big windshield and we were in the middleof a cul-de-sac
it was not your average pull yet the actual pull took less than 30minutes.. The bacardi drinking that followed took a couple hours however. We might need to rethink the treehoist when I throw the 502 back in the 454s place. :p:

Chaparral 215XLC Merc 502/Alpha
As guys, we are naturally good at fixing things.
Houses, cars, computers, garbage disposals,
washers/dryers, etc. etc.
The one thing we can't fix,
is a woman that's broken

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
What a great guy and a great tree ! Poor tree - never imagined someone like BI moving in. :laugher:

Kudos BI - not too many like yourself left in this world. Helps me keep 'the faith.' :cool:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Frank DID have most everything disconnected though.. :)

Yes, I have an addiction. :winker: .. I LOVE working on "toys" but don't have the $$ to work on my own.. :D :D

....and yes, it's been a very busy tree this year.. :bigsmile:

Doug

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
RCHEVELLE71 said:
Thats even more ******* than Rays Setup :laugher:

That works :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally that was my idea,to use a cherry picker inside the boat and then hoist it out, the radar arch sits right over the engine and because of the speaker+light+gps wiring its a biatch to remove. But in the end all it took was a big tree and a big truck.
:laugher:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and we have a winner folks..
:laugher: :laugher:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts