Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some crazy stuff at the launch but this would take the cake :laugher: Glad everyone is ok but how the heck does this happen???

http://www.wmur.com/money/16713095/detail.html

Men Rescued After Boat Pulls SUV Into Harbor

A boating mishap on the seacoast led to quite a scene Wednesday afternoon.

Two men were trying to launch a boat, when the boat, the trailer, and their SUV were all pulled into Seabrook-Hampton Harbor.

Police and rescuers found Robert Brown from Chester and a friend on top of the SUV about 125 feet from shore.

Investigators are looking at the weight of the boat and whether it was properly unhooked from the trailer.

They say the men were able to make it to shore, but there were a few tense moments. Brown was actually inside the vehicle, underwater for a few moments, before he got out and onto the roof.

The SUV was hoisted from the harbor. Police say its totaled because it was submerged in saltwater.

·
Speak English Or Die!
1,622 Posts
Wow. Just wow. :dead:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
SU Lax said:
I have seen some crazy stuff at the launch but this would take the cake :laugher: Glad everyone is ok but how the heck does this happen???
I would'nt be surprised if he put it in reverse instead of drive and gunned it, and quickly got past the point of no return..
But they still went fishing though.. :laugher: :laugher:

I have heard about people getting out of their vehicle while launching forgetting to put it in park 1st, but I've never heard of it happening with them in it before..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
In the Miami river I saw something similiar ,
ramp was slimy from tide being low, guys boat wouldnt come off trailer (because genious never undid the winch) so he guns it in reverse and slams on the brake so boat would slide off, instead his new truck,boat+trailer all went happily sliding into the Miami river..

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got stuck launching my duck boat into a flooded field one time, but wow.... that is something else. Sinking a vehicle on a paved ramp in the summer.... I'm not sure if I should feel sorry for them or laugh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts