Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He sent me a Private Message last night, saying he'd be gone for a day or two...

Off from Texas to the Cape for this afternoon's Shuttle Launch.

We'll have to find out how long his flight took in an F16....

:)

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
This sounds like my chance to get ahead of him in the post count:D :D

But seriously, that sounds like the only way to travel:D

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Yea you got a whole day's worth on me Red:D But don't worry I will catch ya again. Looks like we get to wait till Sunday to try again, So we flew home yesterday and will go back either Tomorrow afternoon late or early Sunday to try again. That is if they can fix the dang thing:laugh: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what I want to know is:

1) what was your scoot over to the Cape
2) How long did it take?
3) Average MPH?
4) Flight level?

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Hey Jeff, well lets answer in order

1) I hoped a ride with one of the Astronuts in a F-15
2) Total flight time door to door of about 58 minutes
3) roughly 950mph give or take a few mph
4) FL46 or 46,000 ft.

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Cool deal, do you have a airplane? I own a little Mooney that I fly just for grins... here take a look.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice place....

I don't fly anymore.
I stopped once Philly expanded the TCA and the FBO that I flew out of fell under their expanded area. You had to squawk just to take-off. Flying ceased to be fun at that point and became too much like work.

Give me a lrage area of uncontrolled air space and I'd get interested again, but with all the restrictions and increased security around here (lots of military installations) you can't bust altitude or make any mistakes. That's no fun.
I used to fly down over the Northern end of the Chesapake Bay at night and it was great, but not fun any more.

I like to boat more....

you know.... you can't pull over to the curb or shut the engines off and drift in a plane....

:)

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Yea I hear ya, where I live (BFE) let's just say I am not in the middle of no where, but you can see it from the front porch.... we do what ever we want. I keep it at a little place that has more crop dusters than anything. We can do anything we like! totally un-controlled field. If I had to fly out of Hobby or La Porte I would sell it plus where I am is cheap hanger rent like in free:D I know the guy that owns it....... oh yea that would be me!! :laugher:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice plane....what's cruise speed?
- jeff

I got a cessna 172 up to 11,000 feet once :)

I'm not sure what it will do but it didn't like going past 9,000

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
about 220 KIAS at oh say 25,000 with suplemental O2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts