Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An old buddy of mine Keith Patti took this picture at Mid-Ohio this past weekend from the AMA races there. Mid-Ohio is a really challenging track with all of it's turns, elevation changes and concrete patches in the middle of asphalt.....

I've raced there are it's a scary and challenging track. I had my throttle stick open once coming up the front stright into the blind left hand turn one. I thought I was a gonner.... someone was watching out for me that day...

enjoy..

more cool pics like this can be found on www.amasuperbike.com

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is turn 5. It's an off camber downhill left hander and there's a lot of passing coming down the hill before this turn into turn 4. There a long downhill fast straight into turn 4. You brake hard into Turn 4 which is a right hander and then flip the bike over to the left. I watched Miguel Duhamel and Mat Mladin pass me during Superbike qualifying a few years ago coming down the hill into turn 4 and DuHamel was braking so hard on the inside of Mladin that his back tire was floating about 2 inches off the pavement. Mladin shut the door on him though - big time.... :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well you can if you want to, mine corners fairly well and I can set it way over but, I prefer not to. Might lose some passengers in the back. The front is no problem, I have the PSR seat up there, I ned to install 4 in the back, then I can "rock the boat".

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Backseat passengers? I don't need no steenking back seat passengers. Just extra weight to slow me down!:D :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just picked up a zx-12 from a guy in British Columbia who was the head mechanic for the senior Duhamel when he was doing really well. Great guy. I enjoy going and watching the races, but my cahones aren't that big anymore and I no longer have the feeling of invinsibilty about me. In other words, I'm to afraid of dieing. Good thing I bought a small zx-12, they don't go very fast.

Great pic though.

Les

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you talking about one of those canadian ZED-X12's????

what's up with that anyway?

When Karen and I were in Italy last Thanksgiving no one could pronounce Z over there either.....they kept saying ZED!

·
Registered
273 Posts
JEFFJ,
I raced MId-Ohio for 5 years with a B stock twin engine go-cart and I know turn 5 well.Good thing is you lose alot of speed in turn 4.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think I must have gotten some of the correct speaking Canadiens :) , they pronounced it ZEE. One of the great things about getting it in Canada, was that they didn't put the rev limiter on until the 2002 year, whereas, in the US it was put on in 2001, not that I'm going over 190 anytime soon.

Les

1 - 10 of 10 Posts