Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching the news tonight i guess i'm gonna fill up in the morning instead of just putting a couple hundred in it. The news said it went up $11 a barrel today, The highest one day jump. Its not gonna slow down due to an anilist said it will be $150 a barrel by july 4th and potential up rising in the middle east.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Hey bro, I have a 750 Holley for sale! I will take a few bucks off for the 1050 in trade!!!

It is way out of hand!! The govt. has their hand too far in the pie to fix it!!

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I vote for an automatic ban for the next person to whine about gas prices.

This is a gas hog sport, gas has gone up every year for the last 500 years. It aint gonna get any better.

Pay to play or don't play......

that said I think my boat is becoming a yard ornament.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
UP_ROKTOY said:
I vote for an automatic ban for the next person to whine about gas prices.

This is a gas hog sport, gas has gone up every year for the last 500 years. It aint gonna get any better.

Pay to play or don't play......

that said I think my boat is becoming a yard ornament.
:laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL I Figured you must be sitting and not boating .LOL Not bitching just have the sniffles.Its amazing though the same 5 gas stations on the way down this morning were .15$ higher on the way home thats all. So i hit the nail on the head and filled up today now i'm good for another week thats all.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just picked up 4 more yards to mow this year or i would be sitting in the back yard with the anchor shade up drinking myself :winker:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I must confess....I got a call back and went testing again since the truck was already hooked up.Now i'm on empty too :winker:

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
SINGLE SCREW 32 said:
I must confess....I got a call back and went testing again since the truck was already hooked up.Now i'm on empty too :winker:
And the bad thing is you aren't the one who ran it all out!!

Boat $ 50,000.00
Truck $30,000.00
Gas $550.00

Your brother running the sh!t out of your boat and only buying you a hoagie for lunch...................PRICELESS!!!

Thanks again Bro!!

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
apparently a member of the Israel govt. said a conflict with Iran is inevitable. Iran controls 25% of the worlds oil through the gulf. Were in for some rough times ahead, nothing to do with our govt.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
hell I have barely been out in past week and a half ,
I have been using a borrowed Mako17 with a 115Johnson
(blew my 454 up)
that burns 1/3 what my boat does and I still went
thru $90 in gas and 2stroke oil.. Would have been
over $250 in my boat easily..
Seriously thinking about a smaller speedboat with a newer
whacker on the back. Right now I dont think I could afford
to use my boat every weekend and there is no point to
having it on the water if I cant go out,and no point in living
by the water if I cant have my boat on it,,and so-on and
so-on..

:dead: :dead: :dead:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Good luck selling anything right now...these fuel prices have got to be KILLING values. There's got to be a ton of boats on the market this year.

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
519DVX said:
Good luck selling anything right now...these fuel prices have got to be KILLING values. There's got to be a ton of boats on the market this year.
Take the price you feel is fair for your boat, cut it in half and be prepared to take less. :confused1

Probably a great time to be a buyer.....

Couldn't be worse for a seller! :unhappy1:

The amazing thing is, manufactures are cutting production numbers on new boats.

In a few years there will be a late model used boat shortage driving prices higher! :p:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
hell I have barely been out in past week and a half ,
I have been using a borrowed Mako17 with a 115Johnson
(blew my 454 up)
that burns 1/3 what my boat does and I still went
thru $90 in gas and 2stroke oil.. Would have been
over $250 in my boat easily..
Seriously thinking about a smaller speedboat with a newer
whacker on the back. Right now I dont think I could afford
to use my boat every weekend and there is no point to
having it on the water if I cant go out,and no point in living
by the water if I cant have my boat on it,,and so-on and
so-on..

:dead: :dead: :dead:
Where and how far are you running the boat to burn $250.00 in a weekend? That's like 60 gallons of fuel. The past two weekends we have put around 7 hours on the boat and burned about 90-100 gallons of total fuel. Granted we were running slow most of the time, 40ish, cause we had the babies with us. But I've got twins. You guys with single engines should be lovin life. Maybe if you just hung out more on the boat and slowed it down a bit when cruising you would see better fuel economy. If you are sitting on your boat drinking a beer it does not cost you a thing except sunblock and the cost of a 12 pack. :cool:

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Sacandaga said:
Where and how far are you running the boat to burn $250.00 in a weekend? That's like 60 gallons of fuel. The past two weekends we have put around 7 hours on the boat and burned about 90-100 gallons of total fuel. Granted we were running slow most of the time, 40ish, cause we had the babies with us. But I've got twins. You guys with single engines should be lovin life. Maybe if you just hung out more on the boat and slowed it down a bit when cruising you would see better fuel economy. If you are sitting on your boat drinking a beer it does not cost you a thing except sunblock and the cost of a 12 pack. :cool:
:D :D

Great Attitude Joe..... ;)

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
SINGLE SCREW 32 said:
After watching the news tonight i guess i'm gonna fill up in the morning instead of just putting a couple hundred in it. The news said it went up $11 a barrel today, The highest one day jump. Its not gonna slow down due to an anilist said it will be $150 a barrel by july 4th and potential up rising in the middle east.
Unfortunately it's only going to get worse. I predicted $4 before Memorial Day and I'm predicting $4.50 by July 4th and $5 by Labor Day.

I hope I am wrong but I don't think I am. :(

And all my boating buddies seem to have decided that they are going to stay local to save gas this year. I would rather boat less often but hit better lakes but no one seems to agree with me. :( If the boat market wasn't complete chit I would sell it and buy a cheap pontoon!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts