Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for you guys who have been following my rebuild of my 1985 242 LS http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53190 it FINALLY WENT IN TODAY!!! Yes after 8 months of working on it it was finally time. The pics are in the above link of the 95% finished interior.

So we took it out and everything went smoothly, minus a cracked coil that shut down the starboard engine, but luckily I had a spare one. Engines ran up really quickly. I am thinking I am going to need more prop though. I have 1997 5.7's with 19p mirage plus props on it. It's taching out way too high at almost 4900-5000 and the top speed I was getting was 57mph at that RPM. I had only 1/2 a tank of fuel in it too. I'm thinking I need more prop any suggestions? The props that are on it are so damn expensive I hate to have to get new ones.

But I have to tell you this was an amazing run in the boat today and was worth all the work. I'll probablly keep it for a while and put it up for sale though because I'm in the market for a house...so anyone looking for a 242 with bolsters and twins let me know haha! Thanks again for everyones encouragement on this project!!

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
If you're a first time buyer for a house , hold off a little longer. The way prices are dropping , it cound save you a ton of money ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mopower said:
If you're a first time buyer for a house , hold off a little longer. The way prices are dropping , it cound save you a ton of money ;)
Thanks man, good advice. On another note, anyone have any input on my props? I'm hearing this boat should do in the high 60mph range?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts