Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I started the motor up tonight and began the break in. I had no water coming out the exhaust so I shut it right down. Now my question is I went from the stock 502MAG exhaust to Merc Hiperformance exhaust from an HP420. So I had to block off 2 of the ports on my t-stat housing. I think that I might have the hoses that go to the bottom of the exhaust on the wrong ports of the t-stat housing. I ran the hoses from the exhaust to the lower back 2 ports of the housing. I blocked off the 2 upper front ports of the housing. The ports that I blocked off originally went to the fitting on the exhaust riser. Should I switch them around? I will post a pic in a minute. Thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just going to ask if I need those to dump water also. My temp gauge was doing funny things today while I was running the motor for the break in. That is most likely why. So now where can I find T's for these...... Motor is coming back out anyways I have a leak at the oil pan to timing chain cover area!!!!mad mad mad ready to put a for sale sign on it!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem Fyhr. Wife is going to kill me if I spend anymore cash though so the new housing is out for a while. Going to take a trip to the local hardware store and see if I can find 2 1" tees. Not sure where Rogue got his from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.