Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our first weekend with the latest boat. Went out yesterday, even though it was windy as hell, and threat of thunder showers. Just ran in the ICW a while to get a little seat time in the boat. Today we went out, ran out to the gulf, and ran south about 12 miles, then circled by the Skyway, and took the ICW back. We ran 48 miles, and I figure only about 20 to 25 gallons of gas. I am happy about that!:) One engine started running a bit warmer, I figured it was the impeller that I didn't change last week. When we got it on the trailer, I found a bunch of floating grass stuck in the inlet. Happy about that too!:D Debbie took her first turn at the helm, and she loved it! The boat does feel a little "slippery" in the rear when running above 40. I'm not sure if something may be sloppy in the steering, or if it the nature of the props. (Mirage 23"). Can't wait till next weekend.

Here is Deb at the helm.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Cuda, Glad to here your first outing was a good one! I had the same thing happen with grass clogging up the water pick up on my first trip out with my boat, warning buzzer went off and I was only in the boat 10 min.'s That was three years ago. Always fun your first few trips out with a new boat. :D :D

Good luck with your next trip!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts