Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wood on the floor decking is feeling a bit soft in my '81 233LS and was wondering what kind of material you would replace it with, marine grade wood?

I would really like to get ride of all the carpet in the boat, and totally redo the interior to make it more up-to-date looking. Maybe composite plastic flooring, or just fiberglass the floor and side-panels.........

You guys have any ideas to throw out there for some crazy modifications. :D

OF course this will wait till winter to be done. :pirate:

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Marine plywood is good, however, plywood of anykind is usually completely coated with resin to seal it up in marine work.

If you wanted to get rid of the carpet, one thought I had was to put the floor in and then cover it with that commercial fiberglass sheeting used in bathrooms. Some textures would be very slippery but some are more textured and would be like a linered hull.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good idea Aquaforce, i will have to look into that material. Being to slick would also be a problem, but a good textured sheet would be good. I guess the best place to look would be Lowes or Home Depot????

I just like the clean look of the newer style boat interior with all the plastic or fiberglass that is painted, trying to update the ol' cockpit, just getting ideas! :laugher:

Anyone else gotta idea? :confused1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts