Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get a set of flush muffs for the Bravo One performance drive? It has the low water pickup only. What is the "proper" flushing procedure too.

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
I use regular universal type-thought it took a special set, but the universal works fine.

Just don't run your water pressure up too much is the only caution I know about.

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
boat us or any good marina should have what you need.I like the one from Merc. It goes through the holes in the drive,so it can't fall off.

Answer to our 2nd question. What are you trying to flush? salt etc.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
yep,,, just crack open the spigut,,,no more then half way

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
gilla said:
I use regular universal type-thought it took a special set, but the universal works fine.

Just don't run your water pressure up too much is the only caution I know about.

I ran the cheap one from west marine at low water presure, water came out of the exhaust and the temp stayed down you just keep the motor at idle speed and your fine

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
I bought one for my Alpha SS that looks just like the one in the picture. I got it from Bob's Machine Shop in Ruskin Florida. It was $25 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I use the regular "ear muffs" and put a piece of tape over the low water pickup. No overheating and no problems. As a matter of fact I went out one day and forgot to take the tape off. Ran around all day and no problems.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Thats some good tape !!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts