Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that Formula has dropped 2 models of the Sun Sport line. In 2008 they had 5 Sun Sport models, in 2009 they only offer the 260, 310 and 350 Sun Sport, the 280 and 330 are gone.

http://www.formulaboats.com/sun_sport.aspx

In their defense, the new 350 Sun Sport is only 7 inches longer than my 330 Sun Sport!

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
I'm not surprized. Gas being the way it is and the economy in general I expect to see a lot more of that including shutting down for some :(

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
^^^ standard theme, I'm sure many companies will start to drop models, it always seeems the smaller models are the first to go, I'm actually surprised they're keeping the 24' I don't think I've ever seen one on the water.

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Rattlesnake Jake said:
They dropped the 271 Fastech also..

I was surprised to see that :eek:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
In the latest powerboat mag the mentioned that formulat just added a 27 foot open bow for the 09' year. Maybe there trying to be more economical... who am I kiddin' a 27 foot bow rider. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
I was suprised also, the 330 seems to be a hack of a boat and a hack of a seller, the 271 was slow in sales because its price was so close to the 292, this I blame Formula for I understand that yes its a Formula and the Quality is there but the flat out got to crazy with the price, if the boat was 20-30k less it would be a hot seller, with fuel the way it is I find it hard to believe that the market isn't there for a 25-28ish single engine performance boat

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
s022mag said:
In the latest powerboat mag the mentioned that formulat just added a 27 foot open bow for the 09' year. Maybe there trying to be more economical... who am I kiddin' a 27 foot bow rider. :rolleyes:
Yeah, who are you kidding? Sunsation sells the hell out of their 28 and 32 foot open bow boats. Who would want one of those?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
UP_ROKTOY said:
Yeah, who are you kidding? Sunsation sells the hell out of their 28 and 32 foot open bow boats. Who would want one of those?
Ahhh, but a MID CABIN bow rider. Different ball game there. I love the sunnys mid cabins. Some thing more then just a bow rider with a small cabin for a crapper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts