Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What fuel additives does everyone use? I use the PRI products both in my Diesel truck and on the boat now. If you have never used the PRI stuff before I highly reccomend it (No, I 'm not a sales person for it). My buds in Afghanistan are using it and it is working great for them (they get some really crappy fuel there). I use it in my 7.4L and it cleaned up the transom alot. Here is the website.

http://www.priproducts.com/Home.htm

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
I don't run additive either. 502 runs great on pump gas.And 87 octane to boot.

But ,if I did need a additive. I would just drink alot of Vodka and then pi*s in the tank. Then I get twice as much for my money:D

Hey,thanks for the web site though

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Hell yes,,, the manual says 87 octane,,, it's only getting 87 octane !!!! Actually, contrary to popular belief,,, running 92 in a motor that only wants 87 will actually make it run worse !!!! Higher octane burns slower and if you dont have a motor built for 92 I.E. high compression, it will adversly affect its performance, and on new computer motors, it needs to see spark knock to adjust timing, high octane wont allow that to happen properly !!!

·
chief bottle washer
1,561 Posts
Hate to say it, but Obnoxus is correct. Dealership told me I was wasting my money on 91. I read the book, and viola! 87 is all it gets.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
it is true about the higher octane but the trick is to get 87 that burns complete. ive seen this on my race bike

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Hey,,,,, what do you mean " HATE TO SAY IT " !!!!!?????? :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :gunner: :gunner: :gunner:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, probably camel piss. No this stuff is not an octane booster. Go to the site and check it out. It restores fuel to its originally rtefined state. I love the stuff. I use it because who knows how old that fuel is at the docks, or even at the gas station. I get allmost no soot at all on my transom since i started using it. My diesel smokes alot less when I stomp on it too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, I dont think so, but it is supposed to do wonders for engine life. Check out the site. I do get much better gas MPG/MPH at cruise with it in. I only run 87 in my boat. Tried the 92 stuff 2x and noticed nuttin. Just a waste of money to me. The stuff is not cheap but it is super concentrated, 1oz per 16 gallons of fuel. I use about 1 gallon of the PRI-G each year.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I never believed all that hype about higher octane gas till I ran racing fuel in my bike and picked up a few mph, its not the octane its that it burns more complete and that makes more power, I may start to play with some additves and some racing gas but at $3.00 a gallon Ill mix some and see if it makes any differnce . the gas is so crappy now there has to be something we can do about the mtbe and achol there putting in it

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe in order to burn the higher ocatne fuels with any benefit we would need a higher compression ratio than we are curently running. The reason why I say I do not know if I gained any speed with it is, I have always used it. So I have no baseline to compare it to. From hearing what you are saying about your fuel, sounds likeyou may be able to get something from it. Hell for a cheap $30.00 (might be less, I buy it by the case), might be worth a try. I use it in my truck too. I love the stuff.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
your boat just runs so good, and I run the same as a guy I know with the same baot as I have, I find it hard to believe that its only your hull and weight that makes you faster not 5 mph worth I think your making more power on top of that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts