Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas prices dropped over 20 cents here in the past 2 weeks down to $3.84 today, but I paid $4.85 for a gallon of milk at ACME yesterday... :confused:

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Just because gas started to come down doesn't mean the farmers, processors, and shippers have started to realize a savings on their milk and can lower the price for you already.

I'll call them tonight though and ask them to give the folks down your way a break.

Really though, how many gallons of milk does your household use in say a week 1? 2? 10?

Let's call it 10. So it costs you an extra $10 a week.

How many gallons of fuel does your outerlimits hold?

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
UP_ROKTOY said:

Really though, how many gallons of milk does your household use in say a week 1? 2? 10?

Let's call it 10. So it costs you an extra $10 a week.

How many gallons of fuel does your outerlimits hold?

i believe if u use 10 gallons of milk a week at 4.85 a gallon... that's goin to be more then $10! actualyl it'll be close to 50.

But maybe I was never that good when it came to math :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
Daddy's Girl said:
i believe if u use 10 gallons of milk a week at 4.85 a gallon... that's goin to be more then $10! actualyl it'll be close to 50.

I think he was talking about $10 more not $10 total :laugher:

BTW , saw 87 for $3.75 and diesel for $4.54 in South Jersey this morning. How bad are things when THAT gets you excited :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Mopower said:
I think he was talking about $10 more not $10 total :laugher:

BTW , saw 87 for $3.75 and diesel for $4.54 in South Jersey this morning. How bad are things when THAT gets you excited :rolleyes:

Thats possible.... but it's still early! :laugher: i've only been up for 2 hours.... brian is not fully functioning yet! :sleeper:

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Daddy's Girl said:

Yeah I am talking about how much more it costs vs what it did cost.

My guess based on what I know about GEB and Speedwake is that they probably use a lot less then 10 gallons of milk a week.

Point? the cost difference is minimal compared to what we all burn in our boats each weekend.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I told my kids yesterday no more eating untill they get a JOB!!!!

Nothing worse then going to the Acme spending 200 bucks one day, then all the food is gone by 5pm the next.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
detideoneon said:

Nothing worse then going to the Acme spending 200 bucks one day, then all the food is gone by 5pm the next.

Thats what you get for having boys! :laugher: :laugher: Just kidding :D

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UP_ROKTOY said:
... My guess based on what I know about GEB and Speedwake is that they probably use a lot less then 10 gallons of milk a week.

Point? the cost difference is minimal compared to what we all burn in our boats each weekend.
You'd be surprised. Between me and my 17 and 20 year old milk junkies, we go through 3 gallons a week, sometimes more.

I wasn't trying to imply that since gas prices went down then milk should too, I just can't believe how the price of milk has continued to rise from 2.99 a month ago, to 4.11 a week ago, to 4.85 yesterday. :shocked: It scares me to think that it's cheaper for a mom to buy a carton of soda than a gallon of milk for her kids.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Daddy's Girl said:
Thats possible.... but it's still early! :laugher: i've only been up for 2 hours.... brian is not fully functioning yet! :sleeper:
Who the hell is Brian, and why isn't he functioning ?

Just kidding - it was nice meeting you on the Fun Run.
Get some coffee and get that BRAIN working ! :D

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Makin-Memories said:
Who the hell is Brian, and why isn't he functioning ?

Just kidding - it was nice meeting you on the Fun Run.
Get some coffee and get that BRAIN working ! :D

:laugher: :laugher: :laugher: OH boy!! I just need to go back to bed! Thats it. I'm packin up an going home! :laugher:

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
greeneyedbeacher said:
You'd be surprised. Between me and my 17 and 20 year old milk junkies, we go through 3 gallons a week, sometimes more.

I wasn't trying to imply that since gas prices went down then milk should too, I just can't believe how the price of milk has continued to rise from 2.99 a month ago, to 4.11 a week ago, to 4.85 yesterday. :shocked: It scares me to think that it's cheaper for a mom to buy a carton of soda than a gallon of milk for her kids.
:eek:

Thats a big raise. We seem to have been around 3.10-3.85 for the duration since it initially jumped from 2.99

I will have to double check. I grabbed a half gallon the other day and it was 2 something.

Ahhhhhh I was under the impression your kids were grown and did not live at home, my bad. Between me and my son we might go through a gallon a week if we're lucky (he is only home 50%)

I know all about Milk Monsters, I am the oldest of four boys, when I lived at home we went through 2-3 gallons.........per day. :D

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
Daddy's Girl said:

I see exactly what your talking about :laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
There is about 20 milking cows right down the street. I just bring my 'mechanics creeper' with me to get a free fill up. :D Costs me about $.20 in gas. :laugher:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
UP_ROKTOY said:
Yeah I am talking about how much more it costs vs what it did cost.

My guess based on what I know about GEB and Speedwake is that they probably use a lot less then 10 gallons of milk a week.

The boat is mine and I pay all expenses. GEB has her bank accounts and I have mine. We do not have shared accounts. She pays for all food in the the house. I pay for all utilities. We both pay a certain percentage of the mortgage. So for GEB - boat expenses are irrelevant since she never sees any of them so to compare gas in the boat to the price of a gallon of milk is not applicable toward her. So stop giving her a hard time when she's asks about the price of milk - because for her it's a very real expense when you have two teens that can consume a gallon each day easily if we let them.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Speedwake said:
The boat is mine and I pay all expenses. GEB has her bank accounts and I have mine. We do not have shared accounts. She pays for all food in the the house. I pay for all utilities. We both pay a certain percentage of the mortgage. So for GEB - boat expenses are irrelevant since she never sees any of them so to compare gas in the boat to the price of a gallon of milk is not applicable toward her. So stop giving her a hard time when she's asks about the price of milk - because for her it's a very real expense when you have two teens that can consume a gallon each day easily if we let them.
wow, someone should lighten up just a notch or 5

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Speedwake said:
Mrs Ghart and I have the same arrangement except for one thing, which I have to ask you Jeff. How did you get your charming wife to agree to pay part of the mortgage? :confused1

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
detideoneon said:

Growing up as a teenager in the late eighties my mom would complain that I'd eat around $150 worth of groceries a week. That couldn't be !

I then went to college. Deal was since they where paying for tuition and rent I'd pay for food, books, and etc. Here's the big problem, I was now eating $200/wk worth of food. :eek: Not including take-out ! And that included one free meal late night in cafeteria (football perk.)

It was tough because I had to gain over 50lbs my freshman year to be in hopes of having a starting position my sophmore year.

God, that suked going thru that year with no books. :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
ghart said:
Mrs Ghart and I have the same arrangement except for one thing, which I have to ask you Jeff. How did you get your charming wife to agree to pay part of the mortgage? :confused1
easy - if we ever get divorced she get's her percentage of the profit based on percentage of contribution.

and no folks I will not lighten up. It's as if no one is allowed to complain about a rising price if they have a boat.

Regardless of your assets or income people have a right to ask a legitimate question, especially in this case since dairy products like cheese have not risen at the same rate as milk prices.

It's as if some people want to minimize the legitimacy of your complaint just because you have a nice boat and that's ******** and I won't sit by and watch it happen without pointing it out.

it's bullchit that somone asks a legitimate question then they have to wind up defending themselves and the question. If you feel you have to attack someone for asking a question I suggest you find another website to frequent because I won't sit idly by and let it happen especially when it's my wife who is having to defend a legitimate question against some merit less responses and comments.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.