Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Formula 27PC to which had a 330hp 454 that I replaced with a 415hp 502 Gen VI, with a Bravo III. Formula nolonger sells this boat with only one engine because everyone who has had just one engine has not liked it. If I have only 2 people and a full tank of gas it will come up on plane but it's slow, I know it's a cruiser. Put 4 people on board and it's "come on everyone move forward until I get it up. I have gone from 22 pitch props to 24 pitch props and my top end is better (42 mph at 4850 rpm). Formula tells me I need a set of 23's but no one doesn't make a 23. Formula states I should run around 5000 rpms at WOT. So I have taken my 22's into the shop to have them tuned and cupped.

I want some more low end torque and hp but what is the easiest way to do it?

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
What you running for exhaust?? Do you have trim tabs. If so sometimes they help to get you up on plane instead of moving all the passengers in the boat. And I hate to twell you,but they do make a 23" prop. I have one on my 27 footer with a 502.

·
Registered
250 Posts
He has a bravo 3 so it's a prop set and I think they only come in even pitches.

If you have a B3 and use your tabs the only other thing you can do is reduce weight. Cruisers have lots of room for junque and I am constantly taking stuff off:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. The cruiser for the most part is running light. I have been working on this problem so much I haven't felt like loading it up with anything. That is correct they do not make a 23 pitch for a Bravo III.

I am going to put on through hull exhaust and maybe some aluminum manifolds to help lighten the load.

I would like to see what this boat would do with a 900hp engine in it just once, that would be the badest cruiser on the lake.

I won't be staying login because I am down at the lake now and am login with only a 28.8 modem, another slow thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts