Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using Gibson clamp on bullet mufflers?I need ideas to quiet my exhaust.They look like the ticket.Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Aren't you going to be running dry exhaust? Not too many mufflers that I found will work with dry exhaust!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dwayne,I am going to mix the water just inside the tips.The plan is to make 3"id stainless tube and cover it with 4"id exhaust hose right to the transom.I'll extend the exhaust 2" beyond the the rubber connection.What do you think?I have to put the boat together to build the exhaust,so I have time to think.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Chris for the reply.I'll see how loud the boat is and then if my wife complains-Gibsons.Thanks,Bob

·
Horsepower Junkie
1,693 Posts
Do the Gibson's need water, or will they work with dry exhaust? I have a feeling I'm going to need something to quite mine down. It is dry.

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
64LS1Nova said:
Do the Gibson's need water, or will they work with dry exhaust? I have a feeling I'm going to need something to quite mine down. It is dry.

Thanks,
Frank
I am pretty sure they need water Frank. I have not found any mufflers to work on my Dry setup. The "stock" motor is not that bad noise wise so I gave up the search!.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i have dry too, this season i bought a set of inserts to see if it knocks it down at idle at least, well see.

ill know on friday. :winker:

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Okay, but you should see my buddies car first. Just won 'Best Appearing' at the Grove the other week during a Super Stock meet. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
I'll send you an e-mail in the morning. A few things I must consider. Got a picture of your tails ? If not just tell me if the water dump is a tube inside the tail or outside the tail.

·
Horsepower Junkie
1,693 Posts
The only thing the tails have is a small hole at the top to keep the water circulating through them. I have 2 dumps per engine right above the drives for the majority of the water.

Here's a pic during the destruction phase ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts