Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 91 Bravo one transom assembly and am running a 2007 Bravo X drive. Should I go with the gimbal bearing part number listed for the 91 transom assembly part number 30-60794A4? Or the bearing listed for the newer transom assemblies 30-862540A3? Does anyone know what the difference is in these two bearings? Or is there a bearing specific for the X drives?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Is it possible to look at the two side by side at the parts counter.?? I don't know the answer to your question, but I would think you would want to go with the one made for your transom assembly, and just double check that the input drive-shaft fits snug on the bearing before you install it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I am going to see if they have one of each and compare them. If not I think I will go with the one that is suppose to be in there.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
the newer bearings for the XR style drives are a thinner width to give more clearance for larger U-joints that the XR uses. the newer bearings have a red dot on it.

there is a merc service bulletin on it. I think I have a pdf of the bulletin on my work pc.

·
Registered
303 Posts
With The X drive you want to run the newer bearing 30-862540A3 . Like MarkyMark says they are both the same Id. and Od. but the new style (30-862540A3) is thinner front to back and has a Red Dot to Identify it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
10-4 That is what I have in there right now the red dot. Seems that it seized up over the winter. When I pulled the drive off I am not able to turn the bearing by hand. It probably only has 15-20 hour on it.... I guess I will pull it out and see what is going on with it. Thought maybe I had installed the wrong one last summer when I changed it with the new X drive. Thanks again!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts