Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
great boat

I beleave that boat was a Glastron Ultra gx-239... For the Late 80's that boat was ahead of its time with a Big Block Bravo, Swim pad, Curved windshield and more..

I dont see many forsale but great boats my father use to own one back in 1989

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,201 Posts
I don't know about the boat but the movie was one of the best ever made!

I still get great grins out of the bouncing off the buoy scene! :laugher:

This was the beginning of that sequence, just before they hit the wave of a passing boat and Bernie fell out of the boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
I used to work on the CVX/ Carson boats. They were both jet and out-drive. the big CVX came with a 460 Ford and usually a jet drive, some times it would have an OMC drive. The smaller usually had an out-drive and a small block. Of course that was 30+ years ago at Fall City Boat and then Ohio Valley Marine.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i owned one mine was a 1990 closed bow with a cuddy i came with a 330 hp. 454 i put a 510 blower motor in it in 93 boat ran in the mid 80's. i upped the power in 98 and the boat ran in the low 90's handled great sometimes i wish i still had it it was a fun boat

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I never knew those things had big blocks! I loved that scene in the movie!!! I sadly own it on DVD....what can I say its fun movie! :blush:
always thought the "chop top" windshield was a cool idea. I just natrually assumed it was a Carlson since that's the only high performance Glastrons I've ever seen. but now that Its been mentioned I do remember the word "ultra" being stiched into the rear bench in one of the scenes.

only part I hate in that movie is as they are leaving the dock under full throttle just pulling onto plane and he jams the sucker in reverse and it makes that crunch sound :eek:uch1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.