Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Nice of you to offer.

I got my truck on the GM employee discount :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Custom ordered it too :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Love it :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

We aren't looking to buy again until March, when the truck is paid off.

Attachments

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Speedwake said:
are these covered?

I really like the style of the SKY. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

If they had been produced in 05 that would have been my daughters first car. :winker:

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt, I tagged a 3/4 ton that has come in, don't think I am going to take it. Extended cab 4x4 white 8700 miles 4 months use, 23 grand after rebates, plus tax, do you need it, since your dad is an employee maybe something can be worked out?

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
employee discount can go towards lease or purchase. Generally you'll save 3-5grand off the price of the car. You generally will be able to do a hair better then if you did not have GMS pricing.

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Mine was 14% off the top. So the more the price the more you save. My savings were over $6K including cash back.
Plus 0-0-0
I love it :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Aggressor Tom said:
Matt, I tagged a 3/4 ton that has come in, don't think I am going to take it. Extended cab 4x4 white 8700 miles 4 months use, 23 grand after rebates, plus tax, do you need it, since your dad is an employee maybe something can be worked out?

I'm all set...Thanks! Haven't sold my truck yet. That's a damn good deal though. The new 900 trucks are NICE!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Have to vent a little. I buy a new Denali around this time every year. For the past 3 years when I went to trade in the old one I received about 38,500 for the old. With gas prices being where they are now I am at 31K. Even with the GM pricing I do not know if I can stomach that much of a loss in one year. Sticker was 56k, purchase for 46k with discount and incentives at the time. Losing 15k in one year is a tad much.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
bnboatn said:
Have to vent a little. I buy a new Denali around this time every year. For the past 3 years when I went to trade in the old one I received about 38,500 for the old. With gas prices being where they are now I am at 31K. Even with the GM pricing I do not know if I can stomach that much of a loss in one year. Sticker was 56k, purchase for 46k with discount and incentives at the time. Losing 15k in one year is a tad much.
Sticker on my truck was 38k in November, paid 30k, same dealer offered me 18k on trade in 3 months ago. so yeah, I feel your pain.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Tom....any more details (options) on the one you tagged? I wasnt really looking for an upgrade but that is a heck of a price...I'll need to upgrade and get one paid off before thinking about moving to a bigger boat.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jakewood said:
Tom....any more details (options) on the one you tagged? I wasnt really looking for an upgrade but that is a heck of a price...I'll need to upgrade and get one paid off before thinking about moving to a bigger boat.
I let it go, my truck has too many dings and dents to get anything for it. So I think I am going to just keep it and buy a small car to use in the off season. I doubt I would get 10 grand for mine so I will take the difference and go buy an HHR or Cobalt to save on fuel.

Jakewood, I tow the new SS with a 1/2 with no problem. 60-65 down the freeway and just fine around town.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Really? Isnt the new SS a bit over the recommended weight for a 1/2? Does your current truck have the bigger axle? Surely there is some safety built into the numbers but I am kinda surprised. I guess you are probably not (yet) making any long hauls with grades to contend with...or have you?

I know my 02 Avalanche isnt a big fan of pulling the loaded 288 up and down some of the grades heading to/from the Cheboygan area...which are really the hilliest trips I have taken so far. Around town and launching/retrieving...seem to be no problem.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
We still have access to the PEP vehicles and get GMS here but just dont know for how much longer... Ill take a look and see what's available...thats a heck of a price.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jakewood said:
Really? Isnt the new SS a bit over the recommended weight for a 1/2? Does your current truck have the bigger axle? Surely there is some safety built into the numbers but I am kinda surprised. I guess you are probably not (yet) making any long hauls with grades to contend with...or have you?

I know my 02 Avalanche isnt a big fan of pulling the loaded 288 up and down some of the grades heading to/from the Cheboygan area...which are really the hilliest trips I have taken so far. Around town and launching/retrieving...seem to be no problem.
I don't tow in any areas with steep grades, that helps. But, I am a bit stretched on the towing recommendations by GM. The truck is rated at 8100 lbs of towing capacty

1 - 19 of 19 Posts