Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 8 months or so ago we start planing the Swamp Run, Lots of countless time and effort go into the run now we are 2 days away from the run so I decided to give the boat a tune up, (actually Not Me but Jim from Stern Drive Specialtist), we get the boat wraped up tonight at 6 or so back in the ramp, put fire in the hole and there is a huge MISS???? WTF to make a long story short we do a compreshion test and find 0 Comp on #1 Cly, pull the head and find a bent valve and almost burnt head gasket, So I call Jay Baker and this guy gets in his truck, comes to the bar, looks at the motor and head says put the head in my truck and pick it up at noon and you'll be ready to go. Now those are some guys that deserve a HUGH THANKS!!!! Thanks Jim and Chris from stern drive, And engine builder JAY BAKER!! I'll post our results tomorrow night!!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Thats Jay for ya great guy in my book! Now if I could only him to get that sender for my oil temp gauge we would be all set :p: :D

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
NN - Jay's a good guy and he knows his schidt. What was the cause of the bent valve and burnt gasket?

Oh... when you pick the head up from Jay, tell him I said to get his azz busy and finish up the Humble Little Nova :laugher:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts