Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I found a buyer for the cruiser I have been wanting to sell. If everything goes well, I should be taking a look at the Scarab that I have been wanting. The best thing is the man doesn't need the trailer, which is perfect for the Scarab, which doesn't have a trailer. The only thing is I have to trailer it from here, (Clearwater) to Ft Lauderdale (270 miles). He agreed to pay me a couple hundred more for the expense of delivering it.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Congradulations,,,and good luck with the new one !!

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Thats great!! Hope everything goes down as planned!!

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Scarab is a 90 28 ft Excel. I am also looking at a 31 Excalibur, but it has twins, and I am shying away from double trouble.

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Double trouble???? Get the twin and just run one and Think of the other motor as a spare:D:D

·
Registered
313 Posts
I never thought I would want twins either but now that I do I wouldn't go back. Nice knowing you have a engine to get you back home if necessary.

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
I like the twins because it really helps when you are in tight places..... around the docks and such. You can really turn with em, not to mention the sound 2 of em make when they are runin!!!

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, don't get me wrong, I would love to have twins if someone else paid for the feeding and care of them. As far as getting back on one engine, a radio and SeaTow is much cheaper than twins, and besides, somethings can go wrong that effect BOTH engines, such as fuel and steering.

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Ah come on now Cuda!! some times ya just gotta say WHAT THE FU*K :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As a matter of fact, I did end up with twins. Now if they ever get the title crap straight, I can start feeding them.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
So what did you get?

Jeff's Sunsation is a single engine, and this season we've had trouble docking a couple of times in high wind and strong current... now he wants a 32' with twins in the worst way!

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, we paid for, but haven't recieved yet, a Formula 242 LS with twin 350's. I have never driven a twin, nor have I driven a boat with separate throttle and gear levers. It could get interesting around the dock.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Cuda,
What year is the boat? It is very nice looking!
It will only take you a couple of minutes to get used to the new throtles! Foward for fast, Back to slow down. Hope that helps a little
ducHunter:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
gilla said:
Beacher-you drive on the hard approaches.
Actually I've never docked the boat... I'm the TRUE rope monkey! On Sunday I had to literally leap from the cockpit to the deck to help us get in a tight spot without hitting a big cruiser... got bruises on my shins! When we finally sat down at the restaurant, a woman came up to me and told me I did a great job sacrificing my body for the boat. Jeff has all the fun and I do all the sweating!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Jeff has all the fun and I do all the sweating!

Thats how it should be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( sorry )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts