Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Happy 4th to my neighbors !

Looking forward to the fire works off Bolt Castle tonight! Weather should be perfect !

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
True meaning of the Fourth

It really came into focus for me today. The man who lives directly behing me is 83. He was in the 102nd Airborne. I had askd him if he was involved in D-Day. He was one of them that parachuted in behind the lines to help with the landings. He did the same during the battle of Bastonge. Anyway, this morning I came around the corner, and saw him walk outside, and salute the big American flag he has in his yard. He's a true American hero.

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Joe, you need to go thank that man for his service to the country from me!

Everybody have a great weekend! My 4th celebration and fireworks is tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
ghart said:
Joe, you need to go thank that man for his service to the country from me!

Everybody have a great weekend! My 4th celebration and fireworks is tomorrow.
I thanked him when I did a job at his house. He's one of the reasons we can concentrate on hotdogs, fireworks, and worrying about good boating weather.
He was still in his nightclothes, so I know he just rolled out of bed, and the first thing he did was salute the flag.

I'd also like to point out that two of the first three replies on this thread were from our friends in Canada. I think us Americans are taking too many things for granted. It's little wonder why we are considered the Ugly American. Gil excepted.

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Thank you my friend!

Best to you and our friends to the north.

·
Registered
14 Posts
cuda said:
I thanked him when I did a job at his house. He's one of the reasons we can concentrate on hotdogs, fireworks, and worrying about good boating weather.
He was still in his nightclothes, so I know he just rolled out of bed, and the first thing he did was salute the flag.

I'd also like to point out that two of the first three replies on this thread were from our friends in Canada. I think us Americans are taking too many things for granted. It's little wonder why we are considered the Ugly American. Gil excepted.
Yes, sadly there are those. However, us that do appreciate freedom, heroes like your neighbor, patriotism and the cost, aren't going away! :fl3:

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
cuda said:
Cool, I enjoyed the firs works at Bolt Castle Friday afternoon. But boating home throught hundred of boats was just plane dangerouse!! Here is a picture I took with my phone from the bar. This is only a fraction of the boats that were anchored or floating to watch the show.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Yeah, that was fakkin nuts!! I was 1 mile east of Boldt and it took me about 3/4 hour to get to the main dock.

Did you hear about the boat that caught fire Jeff? Hope everyone was ok.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Is that waht caught fire ! We seen the smoke and saw the fire boat heading towards it. Here is a picture from where we were. Thought it was on land. Lots of smoke!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts