Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i am closer to buying a doral and i am thinking about adding an inverter so i can pop popcorn in the microwave on the hook. looking to run the microwave and maybe a coffee pot in morning not at the same time but you get the idea. does anyone know how to figure how big of one i should buy?

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Not sure if you can run a microwave with an inverter. The factory inverter on my Formula will run the TV and has a 110 volt outlet but the built in microwave requires shore power to operate.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Coffee pot is a big item. The size of the inverter necessary would be such a draw on your battery that it would probably shut down once battery voltage goes low. TV's and lighting are not as energy dependant, so they are a good candidate for inverter use.
Best thing to do is to see what your appliance draws and then size it to the inverter, and finally figure what the battery system has to produce for a given period of time for that cup of Java.

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Just do what Mrs Ghart and myself do, forget about the coffee and pop corn.

Have a martini and snack on the green fruit! :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have a 1500 watt constant output model in my SCARAB.
I have a small microwave oven and it works fine. I also have an electric fry pan and an electric coffee maker on baord. My wife brings her hair drier also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
1500 watts? Dang. That would be well over 120 AMPS to run.

You will suck a battery down right quick with that! I'll bet you have some pretty stout wiring on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts