Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have a leak down done on the engines. If I remeber correctly the Blowers start to lose some of the boost after 75 hours. Not a big deal but it does effect the performance. There is a guy in Michigan "Bruce Wolffe sp ?" (616) 422-1090 that used to do some of the work for Hawk in the ealry days on the boats in the north. He knows them in and out and can answer anything you need to know. Tell him I told you to call. He will spend some time with you on the good and bad.

Overall though they were great engines. I looked at a 50 Nor-Tech with triple 600 Hawks before I bought the Apache. I called Bruce on them and he told me some of the things then.

Be safe and good luck.

A 38 Top Gun is not overly heavy for those so they should be in good shape. Great Boat !:D

·
Banned
69,292 Posts
Jeff.... a friend of mine had triple 600sc's in a 420 BAJA, the boat ran 75mph w/the A/C on. He was told that they were basically 525sc Mercs with a little bigger cam. He freshened them up when he bought the boat and ran them for 2 years with no trbl. :D

G

·
The 600 SC is a great motor. If your ainterested in a refresh i can do them for 3000 per motor base. That includes complete teardwon/rebuild, new gaskets, rings, bearings. Anyting else you may need is extra.

Also, you may want to look at our new motor, the HP-600. naturally aspirated 600 hp with all merlin components.....and a 3 year warrantee to boot.

Hawk Power
www.searace.com
850-674-7474

G

·
The 600sc was built for the 38 top gun as an anchor motor(solid product, not boat anchor). Craig was also one of HMP's founders. He is now with Martin Marine and building a new boat called the dragon which is an awesome f-2 raceboat/ poker run contender. For more information on that product go to www.dragonpowerboats.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.