Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if theres anyway to bring the hatch up without power? I lost all electric on the water inclucing my hatch power. what is the easiest way to bring the hatch up? can it be pulled?> i have an 85 scarab 21ss thanks!

·
You BLOT that schit!
2,692 Posts
Do you have a small access hole through your back seat? If you get creative, sometimes the actuator can be reached via coat hangers attached to wire, attached to a battery on the floor of the boat.

Does your hatch have external pins or a piano hinge that can be removed?

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
i seen people take a battery charger and jump the main fuse panel under the dash. this puts power to the boat. switch should work to raise it.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
MarkyMark said:
i seen people take a battery charger and jump the main fuse panel under the dash. this puts power to the boat. switch should work to raise it.
Or just put 12 volts to the actual switch, whichever is easier.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas! got it open with a spare battery ended up being a short in the ignition wire under the dash so i really didnt have to get in the engine bay anyway,.. still dont like how its set up though,.. will have to run a direct line to battery incase this ever happens again... appreciate the help! just picked this baby up and workin out the bugs thanks again!

·
You BLOT that schit!
2,692 Posts
Fountain has a "jumper" connection, looks similar to a snowplow connector. Works great if you get in a jam with dead batteries. (even though that wasn't your issue). ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Remove the bolt that hold the top of the hatch ram (or bottom) and replace with a pin and E clip. Attach a cable to the pin and route where it can be pulled. The side vents is usually an easy place to route this out to. Roll up the cable and place where you can get to it by removing a few vent screws then pull the cable to pop the pin.

·
You BLOT that schit!
2,692 Posts
BadDog said:
Remove the bolt that hold the top of the hatch ram (or bottom) and replace with a pin and E clip. Attach a cable to the pin and route where it can be pulled. The side vents is usually an easy place to route this out to. Roll up the cable and place where you can get to it by removing a few vent screws then pull the cable to pop the pin.
Genius. ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I did 2 things to mine. Under the dash I rigged a power plug for a spotlight that can also be used to provide power to the dash. Then I got a pull pin from McMaster Carr that has one spring loaded ball. Then I rigged a pull cable to a vent so I can get to it with a pair of long needle nose pliers and pull it if all else fails. I will put up some pics as soon as I get a chance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
another idea is to mount a positive and negative post under your rear bench seat wired straight to the hatch motor, if you ever have this problem again just take a jumpbox and hook the ends up to the post you installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts