Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why don't you take a little open bow boat out during small craft warnings????

Inquiring minds want to know!

:)

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
I don't know. Why? Is this a trick question?:confused:

OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand now. Well if you take a 21 footer out when there are 10 foot seas,there is a slight chance,and I do mean only slight chance,the boat might end up with just a LITTLE water in it.:rolleyes:

And your wife might possibly,and I do mean only possibly,get a little bruised up trying to help her husband keep the boat off the beach and being smashed up on the rocks.

Now realize,this is most likely hypothetical:p:

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
You mean that little old bilge pump couldn't keep up ? :D

We all know the name fits you !!! :laugher:

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
ROTFLMAO :laugher: :laugher:

Good one Jeff, ya got me !!!! :D

Boatnut, my apology to the Mrs !
Sure wasn't thinking of it that way ! :laugher: :laugher:

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Now wait a minute. Who said this is me we are talking about?:confused:

I think it is all a Urban Legend .

ButLEGEND does have it that after about 3 hours of these 2 people holding the boat from going up on shore,help from land arrived. After bailing the boat the skipper got it running and headed back into the waves. He was told by the Coast Guard to report to the marina. After much bailing this NUT JOB headed out back on the lake,with his wife in tears.He made it off the lake to the mouth of the river and the boat died out.He then was towed by a UNKNOWN boater. This boater pulled him to the locks.Upon entering the locks,the tow boat put it in reverse,and the boat in tow went up on to his swim platform.

Well the GENUS Captain of the boat being towed,pulled off the water seperator and drained it. The boat restarted,and the Captain brought his vessel in under it's own power. Like any good skipper would do.

LEGEND has it this boater was back on the water the following weekend.

Now,I ask you after reading this story,is there any doubt this is nothing more than urban Legend ?

I mean cmon,what IDIOT would really do something like that?:confused:

Well there folks you have it,now remember,this is the way the legend was passed down to me. I am sure there are other versions.

I mean what next,saying Mary Worth in a mirror 10 times.Geeeeeeeeeez

Its all a legend:D

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Must be like the lockness monster pictures then, because I have a picture of this urban legend strapped to a tow line coming off the back of my boat !!!!

And thanks for the compliment about the genius skipper TELLING YOU TO DRAIN YOU FILTER/SEPARATOR!!!!!!!!

The reverse thing I'll give ya,,, hey I just bought the boat and never had offshore controls before !!!!!

But to put this into perspective guys,,,I had my Baja 272 out there and while sitting at idle in gear so as not to get pushed backwards, the waves were coming over my bow, up and over the windshield !!!!!!!!! A bowrider never had a chance.

We do have a story to tell now though,,, so I should thank that idiot ( whoever he may be ) for testing a Bayliners flotation abilities !!!!

The beach kept boatnu,,,,, I um mean the " ledgends " boat from going under so the test had to be considered inconclusive.

Word on the street is though that this yahoo drive an early 90's 27' Baja ES in the same manner and will be repeating this test on the present boat,,,,,,,,,,report to follow !!!!!!!!

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
See how I told you there could be other versions of the story out there. It seems obnoxus heard it a little different.

And the compliment about draining the filter was not directed towards you:confused:
Again see how many different versions there are :rolleyes:

As far as pictures are concerned,I have been at the end of obnoxus's tow rope. But I can't remember the reason for the tow. I think I might have run out of fuel:confused:
Yea that's it,my fuel guage broke and I didn't know until it was too late. It's all coming back to me now.

So you see Jeff,all you are gonna see is my boat being towed by obnoxus.

I say let the URBAN LEGEND continue. As obnoxus gets a little older,I'm sure the story will change:D

As for me,I really don't think it ever happened. Just a myth:alien:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts